Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
That my friend is my favorite Alfa ever....

Don't know on the kit.

Best Regards,
John M

·
Registered
486 Posts
That is one amazing looking car.

It's remarkably similar looking to a modern Lotus Elise (better looking than the Lotus IMHO) - must have been a bombshell in 1968.

What did they cost back then?

·
Registered
9,417 Posts

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
120, your memory IS bad! I mean, you have an SS, don't you?

Anyway, Tom Zat produced a kit which looked a lot like the Giulia SS. Before that, he chopped up a few SS cars (when they were cheap) for racing. See his stuff at:

www.alfaheaven.com/SSZ_FILE/SSZFSet1.html

The TZ1 kit has only ever had two prototypes built and neither of these is truly complete. The builder claims to need a couple of people to buy his kits, then he would finish development! :rolleyes:

No TZ2 or T33 kits exist to my knowledge. But, I bet it would be pretty easy (as kits go anyway!) to build a nice kit for your 105/ 115 mechanicals to be bolted into a TZ1 type kit. Or imagine a 164S engine and transmission being bolted into a T33 kit! Woo-hoo! Both of these ideas would work...we just need some nut to start building them!

Any takers?:p

·
Registered
880 Posts
Alex Csank said:
120, your memory IS bad! I mean, you have an SS, don't you?

The TZ1 kit has only ever had two prototypes built and neither of these is truly complete. The builder claims to need a couple of people to buy his kits, then he would finish development! :rolleyes:

Alex
On the West coast i know a guy that can make a TZ1 replica but it doesen't come with the engine (you would have to supply your own). I don't think it's that bad of a deal because if you can add a beefed up 2 liter you will have more fun. You can also save alot of money especially if you were going to hunt down a 1.6 liter twin spark engine for $10,000. Plus the styling of the car is more important then the EXACT mechanicals on a replica car.
Here are some shots i took @ a car show last year that featured a replica TZ1.

Attachments

·
Registered
880 Posts
Alex
I only met the builder for a few moments before i had to leave (i have his phone number somewhere if you are interested). The price is a little high and it is $30,000-$35,000 (without engine). According to the owner the chassis is made out of a Tubular frame (which is very strong) that can be repaired as suppose to the orginal TZ1 chassis that can not be repaired because it is a special tempered tubing.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was curious if there was a fullsize car kit of the tipo 33. I know they make some pretty exotic car kits. This car is screaming to be done.

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
I think we all agree that the 33 would be a great 'kit-car'. But nobody seems to be making one right now. I think that it would be pretty easy to do (as kit cars go anyway) if you stuck a 3.0 Alfa V6 and transaxle from a 164 donor car.

Cheers,

·
Registered
230 Posts
yeah if I was a millionaire I would probably buy this T33 Stradale over a 250gto (although that car is worth like 5-10million versus this car at only 750k), although I would love to buy a TZ (those are like in the millions range too hu?) Realistically though most of us can own something that is very close to these exotics, we can all own a Montreal for only 25,000 in amazing condition, that is about the price you would pay for a newer Mustang GT or Camaro SS, I mean seriously!f

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
tipo 33 drawings

is there body drawing of the car? If there were good drawings you could make a fiberglass body.

1 - 20 of 200 Posts