Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the links Guy, but I have two problems. I dont speak french:eek: and the older pictures doesn't open anymore:(.
But I have to recognize, autodiva is one of the best Car-Forums, in the Net.
Same with Forum-Auto. Lucky is, who understand your language.:D

Jorg

·
Administrator
13,659 Posts
If there is such a thing as an ugly Tipo 33, it has to be the one that ended up in Australia for a while. How could anybody put that front clip on a T33/2?

Pete

·
Registered
52 Posts
Guy, very interesting website. Since I don't speak French, can I ask you if have any information on T33/2 chassis 007?
Alan

·
Registered
194 Posts
Alan, the only information i have found comes from Mc Donought book:

1968.04.25 – Monza 1000km #26 G. Gosselin/S. Trosch – Tipo 33.2 (VDS Racing Team) / Grid: 16th (3’17’’500) – Result: DNF (engine)

??.??.?? - P. Osborne (UK)

1999.xx.xx – Tour Auto (SRR 272F)
2000.xx.xx – Targa Florio (SRR 272F)

Nothing else!!!

Somebody wrote another story about this car, but it is not really serious!!!

·
Registered
632 Posts
If there is such a thing as an ugly Tipo 33, it has to be the one that ended up in Australia for a while. How could anybody put that front clip on a T33/2?

Pete
Pete, you're jumping to conclusions here.....the Australian T-33 was the ONLY T-33/3 closed coupe ever made. NOT a T33/2; completely different cars.
If you go back to the Autodive page1 you will see it at Hockenheim and Enna with it's original '69/'70 style nose, much nicer I agree. The more squared-off
nose fitted later is more like the '71-on type; not as pretty.
Note the BIG 15'' deep-dish wheels; how good are they........?
I knew Ern Stock when he owned the car, and also saw it at the Melbourne Motorshow. To me the Alfa equivalent of 917k or 512s........it really has a presence.
Does anybody have any idea where to find spares of these 15" oval hole 33 wheels?
Cheers,
Vince.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No, the Enna Car was from 1969 and the #75080-023 was built in 1971. Two different cars.

The Problem with #023 is, it was sold some years ago with an 33/3 LM Style body, modified to Can-Am Spider, but not the Body which Zipper used, back to Coupe and reverse and at Amelia Island Concours it appears in both ways. So which Car is which?

Attachments

·
Registered
632 Posts
No, the Enna Car was from 1969 and the #75080-023 was built in 1971. Two different cars.

The Problem with #023 is, it was sold some years ago with an 33/3 LM Style body, modified to Can-Am Spider, but not the Body which Zipper used, back to Coupe and reverse and at Amelia Island Concours it appears in both ways. So which Car is which?
Hi Oden and everyone adding to this thread.......
This is a good opportunity to compare notes. I have always loved the look of the Enna coupe with the rounded nose and have tried to find its path so far. The Enna Coupe was '69 built, so very early. In Mcdonoughs book he lists N.Sopranos coupe with blunt nose (ex Australia) as #005, so also an early number. My investigations with Alfa Museo people has also suggested that only one 33/3 coupe was made, so the same car??
Where does Zippers #023 come into it? As I understand it was always known to be an open '71 spec with blunt-nose, later wheels etc. Never a suggestion it was connected to the Coupe in any way.
Perhaps the only thing in common was fitting of 4 litre engines. I always wondered how and why the Coupe had two 4 litre engines with it in Australia, but even the owner didn't know how, when or why it had this big engine.
What is the story with #007, also mentioned in another post ?
Look forward to your input!
Vince.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have several Questions.
How many Periscopos were built? Four, or five Cars, or was #005 the replacement for #002, which were wrecked by Jean Rolland?
How many Cars recived the 'Mugello Spider' rear Bodywork for Le Mans?
Is there a racing history after 1967, or were the cars converted and renumbered to Daytona Coupes?
Cajanis and Nastases Cars were built by Giordanengo and the Kauss Cars, by Erwin Derichs, some years earlier.
Both and others bought a huge pile of Parts, when Autodelta closed. Same happened with #007, same with #008, same with #026. All were rebuilt by Giordanengo.
It seems, that Autodelta had lots of (semi) dismanteled Cars and they sold only a few in period.
At least the Museo Storico used some Parts, to rebuilt their Museums Cars. I've read in Guys tremendous Thread, that the Stradale was recreated with an Daytona Chassis and has this funny Serial number #AR10533-012.
The Museums Daytona is again #012.

The ex Peter Kauss Tipo 33-3 TF Spider is #75080-003 and the Museums LM Spider has the same number.:confused:

I've noted that Nick Soprano had Spider #005, but why the Tasman Coupe was offered as #023, by Sheehan?

I've read in Guys Thread, that only 6 Tipo 33 TT-3 Spiders were built.
#002, #003, #004, #005, #006 and #009.
Peter Kauss had Spider #007, there is Spider #010 and two Cars with #012.
These 4 Cars were built from Spareparts, or by Autodelta?

Last question for now, which LM Spider is this? Chassisnumber?

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Soo, this is the surviving glorious Rest of 34 Cars, or are there More?

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hi Oden and everyone adding to this thread.......
This is a good opportunity to compare notes.
Where does Zippers #023 come into it? As I understand it was always known to be an open '71 spec with blunt-nose, later wheels etc. Never a suggestion it was connected to the Coupe in any way.
Perhaps the only thing in common was fitting of 4 litre engines. I always wondered how and why the Coupe had two 4 litre engines with it in Australia, but even the owner didn't know how, when or why it had this big engine.
What is the story with #007, also mentioned in another post ?
Look forward to your input!
Vince.
Vince,

Zippers tipo 33 engine was fitted 4 litre (Can-Am 1972, 1973 & 1974).
This engine could be the same one in Australia in 1975.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts