Alfa Romeo Forums banner

61 - 80 of 255 Posts

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
I dont think that the Stradale on Abarth museum, has any relationship to do with
The Lauranti 750.33.105.
But did the chassis 750.00.105 carrier Spartaci Dino and the beautiful young Girl Suzanna Raganelli, when she drove the 33 Stradale.
It is difficult to find any real information.
Anyone who knows.???
OK, but do you have any substantial of the whereabouts of the Laureati car than the above?

According to the book Laureati always drove chassis 106 and that car is in Japan. Maybe a fault in the book, but I can see no other indication!

Couple of the race entries and the whereabouts of known cars.

G.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
My reference list. Excuse it is in German

Chassis-Nummern und Informationen zu einzelnen Fahrzeugen
Chassis-Nr. Karosserie Kommentar
750.33.01 Stradale Der Stradale Prototyp steht heute in Japan, Galleria Abarth
750.33.101 Stradale Erster ausgelieferter Wagen an Henry Wessels III, Belgien
750.33.102 Stradale Soll in Frankreich sein, ist aber in Deutschland
750.33.103 Stradale Corsa ex Tony Fischhaber, ex Rosso-Bianco Museum, Deutschland
750.33.104 Stradale Ex Graf Dönhoff, Sieger am CdE Villa d'Este 2011
750.33.105 Stradale Steht in Deutschland
750.33.106 Stradale Corsa, ex Laureati, Deutschland
750.33.107 Stradale Corsa, mit Magnesium-Chassis, Kunststoffkarosserie, Renngetriebe und Daytona-Motor (Spica-Einspritzung, 270 PS) ein Semi-Rennwagen, zuletzt Neuseeland
750.33.108 Designer-Prototyp Pininfarina Cuneo Spider, Museo Storico
750.33.109 Designer-Prototyp Bertone Carabo, Museo Storico
750.33.110 ?
750.33.111 Stradale Ex Conde Agusta, war orginal blau lackiert, Hayashi, Japan
750.33.112 ?
750.33.113 Stradale Umnummeriert zu #750.33.133 Lawrence Auriana, Canada
750.33.114 Rennwagen Wettbewerbsfahrzeug 33TT12, mit V8 Motor, 'Giro d'Italia Coupe', Joe Nastase, USA
750.33.115 Designer-Prototyp Pininfarina P33 Coupe, Museo Storico
750.33.116 Designer-Prototyp Giugiaro Iguana, Museo Storico
750.33.117 Designer-Prototyp Bertone Navajo, Museo Storico
750.33.118 ?
105.33.12 Stradale Nachbau des Museo Storicos. Wagen wurde Ende der Siebzigerjahre auf einem gebrauchten Magnesium/Corsa Chassis aufgebaut.
Die obige Liste konnte dank der Mithilfe des Automobil-Historikers Jörg Diesfeld erstellt werden. Die drei Fahrzeuge mit "?" sind möglicherweise nie gebaut worden, sie sind sozusagen die Dunkelziffer.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Excuse i have mixed the 105 and 106
By all means, mix up happens!

Seems 01 is the car standing in Abarth Museum, Japan according to your list. But in the book it says the 001 chassis lives in the museum at Arese. :) German no problem by the way.

Also these registers have to be updated as cars change owners over time!

How much easyer it would be to trace these cars if ch.no. were mentioned in test articles!

G.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Susanna Raganelli is beautiful woman of well-known Roman family, successful in hotel business and important Alfa Romeo dealers. She was world champion in karting in 1966 in KF1, and first Italian owner of one 33 Stradale, (chassis number AR 750.33.104), bought in 1968 (or early ’69), not used for racing, (ex Brigato, ex von Donhoff, ex Kiyoshi Takihana resold in EU to Clive Joy). Teo Zeccoli personally delivered the car (see photo). 750.33.106, though confirmed in Japan by some important and reliable sources, was always in EU (mainly Germany). The cars in Japan collections (Shiro Kosaka, Kiyoshi Takihama and Joshiuki Hajashi) were others (105.33.01, 750.33.104, 750.33.111, 750.33.133…) some resold in USA and EU. Laureati’s car was 750.33.106, not 750.33.105 (that is in Germany too). This list’s value remained approximate as collectors often resell those cars keeping anonymity. Above data are from Paolini Registry last updated in 2012.
Photos
Zeccoli and Sala delivering 33 Stradale to Susy Raganelli
Susy Raganelli & 33 Stradale
Susy Raganelli World's Champion in 1966

Attachments

·
Registered
848 Posts
2000 touring sp; Does this tipo 33 said:
I quite agree with Gabor that this t33 does not have a top mounted wiper. Two types of upper door hinge were used; one - the early type - protrudes more than the later type, - to do with the door opening area - and it is this upper hinge that can be seen.

Unfortunately fotos not with me here.

Richard

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Thank you Richards, it clears the question.

ARGTAReg. My impression was that the first owner of 104 was Pietro Brigato first reg. immatriculation VI500033 (I).
And the Ragnelli, was either 106 or 102. It was the first sold in Italy as you mentioned. An the Palombo's should be the second owner after Ragnelli.

GaborK. That’s the problem with registers, they turn old. This is after Ville d’Este 2012 , as ARGTAReg mentioned from Paolini register, but revised

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
In 1968 Had the German car magazine Auto Motor & Sport a test of Tipo 33 Stradale.
It was able to do a 1000m in 24 sek. That should be the fastest acceleration that was measured on a street legal car, general on the world, at that time .
I think it was the Stradale with the vin number 750.33.103. But I am not certain on the vin number.
The driver, or one of them, was the development engineer at Porsche Manfred Jankte. Interesting that a Porsche employed did participated.
Does anybody have that issue of Auto Motor & Sport. And are they willing to share it with the member here on Alfa BB, by posting a scan.
Attach a picture where they was preparing the Stradale to test

Attachments

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Used to have that issue ... no idea where it is now ... The Berlina is a Helmut Haehn car - big Alfa dealer involved in racing at the time ... pictures taken at the Hockenheimring which is not far from Haehn's dealership.

In 1968 Had the German car magazine Auto Motor & Sport a test of Tipo 33 Stradale.
It was able to do a 1000m in 24 sek. That should be the fastest acceleration that was measured on a street legal car, general on the world, at that time .
I think it was the Stradale with the vin number 750.33.103. But I am not certain on the vin number.
The driver, or one of them, was the development engineer at Porsche Manfred Jankte. Interesting that a Porsche employed did participated.
Does anybody have that issue of Auto Motor & Sport. And are they willing to share it with the member here on Alfa BB, by posting a scan.
Attach a picture where they was preparing the Stradale to test

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
I have a B/W copy of that article, which was the one I referred to here in an earlier post. If nobody offers a colour copy I could scan the article if there is interest. Its in german. Actually I remember they had a lot of problems just getting big Manfred Jantke into the car and all sorts of problems using the car on the road. Like bad spark plugs, problems getting into garages etc. They found it was better to keep the car on the track! :)

G.

·
Registered
24 Posts
test of 33 stradale in German Auto, Motor und Sport

I have the magazine / article Gabor mentions.

It is in the German magazine Auto, Motor und Sport, number 20 of 1969, page 44 to 51.

I do not know how to post scans or if it is allowed (copy right!!).

I could make a scan tomorrow and sent them to interested persons if you sent me an email.

greetings,

Robin

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
I think Robin got it right.

Only thing to add is that the Article is called: Besuch bei Autodelta. Alfas Rennfabrik, containing report from a visit to Autodelta and ending in testing of a Tipo 33 Stradale. Written by Manfred Jantke, who I think was a great race driver.

G.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Peter Kaus brought it to his museum Rosso Bianca. In that connection it was generally overhauled and repainted. It was used as a race car in England, with an open rear. This one can be one of those with glasfiber body, I suspect.

61 - 80 of 255 Posts