Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I’m max I’m quite new to this forum I’m from Belgium and recently bought myself a classic Alfa .
I ‘ve been loving Alfa’s since I bought my first Alfa an Alfa Romeo Guilietta 5 years ago and I loved it from the beginning
I upgraded it with a full sports exhaust , K&W suspension and 2 sets of 18” wheels, chip tuning and some small modifications. This is where the love for Alfa begun , so I started to search for a classic Alfa . After a long search of about a year I finally found the Alfa Romeo junior I was looking for a green 1968 Scalino , this car was in the Netherlands so I drove up there went to take a look and inspected him and everything looked good. After a few weeks of thinking I knew it I was in love with this one , so I went back and bargained a little on the price and the previous owner accepted it . now I was the owner of a 1968 Alfa Junior an drove it home to Belgium
It’s a 1968 green Alfa Romeo Scalino with a 1750 engine
Currently the car is in good condition but I want to clean him up a bit an give him a GTA look.

Currently I’m working on installing the parts I ordered a few weeks ago
This parts were ordered an wil be installed soon

- Alfaholics 15” GTA veloce wheels
- Alfaholics sports-exhaust
- New interior and boot mats (didn’t like the rubber ones)
- Alfaholics GTA mesh grille
- Nardi 360mm steering wheel
- Lowered suspension
- Wooden gear knob
- Aluminum pedals

To do list

- clean up shifter (looks a bit dirty)
- clean up or replace the dashboard
- removing the chrome bumpers
- QV emblems
- Cleaning up the engine bay
- Polishing the engine panels to a mirror finish
- replacing the roof lining

Always nice to get some feedback, so tell your thoughts on the car.

Kind Regards Max

Attachments

·
Administrator
13,258 Posts
Nice car. Would do well in a concours competition, especially one that took originality seriously. The best interior I've seen ... if it's original.

Best
Pete

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice car. Would do well in a concours competition, especially one that took originality seriously. The best interior I've seen ... if it's original.

Best
Pete
thanks for the nice comment.
yes on this picture the interior looks very good but in reality the roof is quite dirty(has a yellow/brown shade) and the dashboard has a few little cracks in the leather. The seats and backseats are stil original only the doorpanels where replaced during the restoration by the previous owner.
another minor drawback is the dashboard this is a little bit effete
i'm thinking on replacing within time.

kind regards

Max Vandeputte

·
Registered
759 Posts
Looks like a really nice example! Too nice, in fact, to monkey with.

Keep it original -these are beautiful, classic cars - and learn to appreciate it.

If your heart yearns to hot-rod or customize something, at least find a poor example to start; there are plenty around.

But save and preserve the good one!

Chuck

·
Registered
259 Posts
That looks great as it is, plus you've got the grunt from the 1750 engine. I know I'm in a minority regarding AH 15 inch gta wheels, but don't really like the look. Have seen them in person and wasn't impressed.
But great car and have fun with it ??

·
Super Moderator
11,127 Posts
Looks like a really nice example! Too nice, in fact, to monkey with.
I agree with 39cub. But if you insist on "monkeying" with such an original car (aluminum pedals???) at least preserve the original parts that you remove and pass them on to the next owner. It is likely that the next person will appreciate originality.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree with 39cub. But if you insist on "monkeying" with such an original car (aluminum pedals???) at least preserve the original parts that you remove and pass them on to the next owner. It is likely that the next person will appreciate originality.
Yes i'll preserve the original parts at home , and maybe one day I decide to put it back to it's original state.
I won't be "monkeying" with the car. I just want to give it a more sporty look (GTA look) ,while keeping as much original as possible.

thanks for the feedback and honest opinions.

Kind regards

Max Vandeputte

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
just lower it, fit 7x14 GTA wheels. The steering wheel is from a Super. Fit a replica Hellebore GTA steering wheel, not a Nardi.
Remove the bumpers and it is just fine.

Then, clean up the interior and under the hood. Don't polish, just CLEAN. You can never ever get a cam cover back to it's original state if it has been polished.
It should only be totally CLEAN.

I like the car!

So many are modded to resemble a GTA. Don't get me wrong, I did that too. 15 years ago.
Now, I like it original, with period correct modifications only. I dislike the 15" wheels, but love the 7x14.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
finally i was able to drive the scaling for the first time after we installed al the parts
still have to to some minor things such as

mounting the licence-plates (instead of the ductape)
QV stickers on the sides and the rear
replacing the middle silencer of the Alfaholics exhaust with a straight pipe( the noise of the alfaholics exhaust is quite soft )
replacing the inner doornail door still doesn't close well

soon i'll be starting to pollish several parts piece by piece

Kind Regards Max

Attachments

·
Registered
816 Posts
Bellisima!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Love the car, and great photos you take as well!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts