Alfa Romeo Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
2,629 Posts
BTW were 1970 Alfas imported at all to N America?? - I was told they were not. My scouring of the Toronto Star Classified rarely showed ANY '70 Alfas!-always a jump from '69 to '71s.
Alfa skipped the 1968 and 1970 model years in the US. I think the official excuse was to adapt the cars to increasingly stringent safety/smog requirements, but these were non-existent in Canada before 1972. The reality may have been an overstock of cars by year end.

I have seen many 1968 and 1970 registered Alfas in Canada; I have owned a couple, but I have also seen a lot of Alfas from that period registered one or even two years after they were built! One club member had a "1971" roundtail...

Back then , it was not unusual for european car importers to redate cars at the end of the year. I have seen evidence of Fiat and Citroen doing the same.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Rexdale

Thanks J. Deo and Yves montreal for the valuable info. Maybe I'll be more lucky back-tracking through the several POs. My records go back to about 1973.

I've traveled through southern ontario from niagra falls to sarnia/port huron on my way to northern michigan from the east coast every year since I was about 5. On 3 occassions I drove my (now long gone) 73-4 GTV and always bumped into someone at a restaurant who had, wanted, or now owned alfas and we had great conversations. Especially when I popped the trunk to show the spare parts store I brought along in case of breakdowns:D
John

·
Registered
5 Posts
alfa romeo rexdale

My first post.
I purchased, and still own a 1969 Gt 1300 jr., from Budd's Auto in Toronto in 1969. Two of the gentlemen who were with Alfa Romeo Canada are still in Toronto and with their consent I can provide you a contact number. If you wish to contact them let me know.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.