Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
Hi,
According to the Milano Archives, my 69 gtv was originally delivered to "Alfa Romeo Rexdale" in Ontario. Because my car is a series 1 USA 1750, supposedly built in 1970, I'm trying to verify the Archives info. Does anyone know whether the dealership in Rexdale still exists (without the Alfa designation) so I might track down ancient records of my car?

I did a google for rexdale without much luck and most alfa links were to our BB!

Thanks,
John
Hi John,

Alfa Romeo Rexdale was, I repeat was, the location of the distributor for AR in Canada and was known as Alfa Romeo Canada Ltd. Alas they are long gone. I think gone by 1978 when the principals, mostly Italian Canadian, then set up private business concerns to cater to Alfas in need. Some of the principals are still around here in Toronto but it would take digging to get to them.

AR CAnada was established prior to the introduction of the 1969 model year Alfas to Canada. Previous importations, which were few, were done by individuals or through the odd local dealer.

Typically the Canadian Spec 1969s GTVs and spiders were carbed, LHD, Euro style flying butress seats, with imperial gauges in English. Although I have seen, over the years, the odd FI 69 that had possibly been here for years as it displayed the same amount of rust as its CDN spec sisters.

In 1970 I have never been clear if they imported but there are cars here. My CDN spec Super is registered as a 1970.

In 1971 we had a choise of CDN Spec Carbed 1750s or USA Spec.

For 1972 only USA Spec.

At some point we were also offered GTAj's and Tipo 33 Stradale's, but no takers to my knowledge.

FWIW

Ken

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
It does not work like that.....the sequence for 105.51 cars is different from the one for 105.44's.... for example, in 69 the 105.44 series chassis numbers ranged from 1361339 to 1360044 (hmmmm, must be a typo in Fusi:rolleyes::rolleyes:) Mine is 1371282, (105.44) and was built in September 1969
Peter is your 69 a Euro or Canadian Spec GTV. Euro -Gauges in KPH and foreign language, CDN -gauges in MPH and English?? Or???

Ciao

Ken

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.