Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
According to the Milano Archives, my 69 gtv was originally delivered to "Alfa Romeo Rexdale" in Ontario. Because my car is a series 1 USA 1750, supposedly built in 1970, I'm trying to verify the Archives info. Does anyone know whether the dealership in Rexdale still exists (without the Alfa designation) so I might track down ancient records of my car?

I did a google for rexdale without much luck and most alfa links were to our BB!

Thanks,
John

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's the name of the distributor:

Alfa Romeo Ltd.
26, Greensboro Drive
Rexdale, Ont
P.O. Box 487
tele: 247.86.05.86.06 seems to be too many numbers
Thanks Ossodiseppia. I guess I'll try writing to the PO Box #. Can't find anything on the internet about an actual business with this name anywhere in Ontario. I may also call some of the existing foreign car places in Rexdale for clues. At least I'm learning more about Ontario. I guess Rexdale is a suburb of Toronto that also goes by the name Etobicoke?

Nero,
You're probably right. I'd also be interested in knowing more about the Canadian history of alfa imports. For example, were they all "USA spec" or a mix of USA and Euro?
John

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As a follow up to Ken's info, Alfa Canada must have existed by the fall of 1968. I bought my first GTV in Febuary of 1969 in Montreal. It was sold as a 69 model as Ken described. I received the following reply to my query:
Dear Mister Lee,

with reference to your request we are informing you as follows.

According to our documentation files, the chassis number AR 1357569 originally corresponds to an Alfa Romeo 1750 GT Veloce (105.44), manufactured on the 19th July 1968 and sold on the 5th September 1968 to Alfa Romeo from Toronto, Canada.
The body colour is "ocra" yellow (AR 109), with black skai interiors.

Elvira Ruocco
Wow. I'm not sure how the VIN numbering scheme worked but is it possible that although our 2 cars were registered as 69 models, mine was actually built 173,202 cars after yours!

According to our documentation files, the chassis number AR 1530772 originally corresponds to an Alfa Romeo 1750 GT Veloce USA (105.51), manufactured on the 15th January 1970 and sold on the 20th January 1970 to Alfa Romeo Rexdale from Ontario, Canada.
The body colour is musk green, with wild boar leather skai interiors.

Thanks for all the info, everyone.
John

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Rexdale

Thanks J. Deo and Yves montreal for the valuable info. Maybe I'll be more lucky back-tracking through the several POs. My records go back to about 1973.

I've traveled through southern ontario from niagra falls to sarnia/port huron on my way to northern michigan from the east coast every year since I was about 5. On 3 occassions I drove my (now long gone) 73-4 GTV and always bumped into someone at a restaurant who had, wanted, or now owned alfas and we had great conversations. Especially when I popped the trunk to show the spare parts store I brought along in case of breakdowns:D
John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.