Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure that Alfa has sponsored a pro team at some stage of it's history. Alfa Romeo branded vintage cycling gear kind of proofs it (I guess). But I've never found any information on what team they may have sponsored and when. Does anyone know?

The reason I'm asking is that I've been toying with the idea of making a support car replica out of my Giulia Super...

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
What a great idea! I don,t know if Alfa has sponsored any pro cycling teams, but for pretty sure Bianchi has used modified Alfas as an support car on Giro'd Italia. I think I've seen pictures somewhere here on ABB or site Campy only..

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hmm, I was kind of hoping that there would be an Alfa Rosso version of the support vehicle somewhere. The Bianchi Berlina looks very nice, but going into that direction would mean changing colour to celeste. And Jorma, guess who would have to do the painting? On the other hand, I could always create my own historic racing team :) I really like those Campy stickers.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Timo, haha some years ago when I still had old poor paint on my Super it would has been easy decision to paint it Celeste, but now it stay in Amaranto. Actually those two colours matches together very well :)

Green69gtv, Thanks for the link.

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts

This would be the 1973 Bianchi - Campagnolo team. Marino Basso won the World Championship in 1972 and wore the jersey in 73, while Felice Gimondi was Italian Champion. Those were the days.:(

·
Registered
what part?
9,996 Posts
great racing ..no remote controll radio racing..no lance drugstrong

·
Registered
what part?
9,996 Posts
let' all remember the great " marco Pantani ' he made racing fun to watch..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Alfa Romeo sponsored a pro team in the 1970's. The team rode on De Rosa bikes and was, I believe composed mainly of riders from Eastern Europe. I still have a Alfa-Romeo/De Rosa racing jersey as well as an Alfa Romeo car and De Rosa bike!.

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts
Alfa Romeo sponsored a pro team in the 1970's. The team rode on De Rosa bikes and was, I believe composed mainly of riders from Eastern Europe. I still have a Alfa-Romeo/De Rosa racing jersey as well as an Alfa Romeo car and De Rosa bike!.
I also have one of the red Alfa Romeo/De Rosa jerseys. I've worn it once or twice but, since the material is fairly thick despite being short sleeves, I have to wait for cool days. Those don't happen around here very often. I don't have a De Rosa, but I do have a Colnago.:cool:

I'm still on the lookout for one of the blue AR jerseys by Giordana and one of the vintage style wool jerseys from Vintage Velos.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I admire your good taste! My red jersey has the same Alfa badge/logo as the blue one pictured. It also bears the name De-Rosa. I havent worn the jersey for a while, as I was a little slimmer and younger when I got it!.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i'm an sport jerseys collector. I'd like to ask about my blouse. Can you write me, from which period comes this jersey? It looks to me for some old. I was looking online at various websites (including clubs that your company sponsored).Unfortunately unsuccessfully. I am eager to find out. It has a great value for me. Can you give me some advices whom I can ask about it?

·
Registered
197 Posts
I've seen one of these frame sets on ebay before but at the time didn't take it very seriously.

This looks a bit better.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Alfa Romeo De Rosa Bike Cloths

BIKE CLOTHS! Beautiful Blue Jacket, Red Long sleeved jersey, 2 Red Short Sleeved Jerseys, 1 Bike Pants. Please contact and I'll send images. All used, all collectible. These are from 1986!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts