Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Scarabeo

Hello,

I'm looking for technical information about the Osi scarabeo, especialy pictures of the chassis, engine and gearbox used on this car. It seems to be difficult to find some good information about that car ! Can somebody help me ?

Best regards,

Fabian

·
Registered
134 Posts
You know that OSI built 3 different versions on the same theme, the blue one we all know from the photo's (as far as I know is now in the States owned by the same man also has a beautiful TZ2) and two mystery cars that were mostly hidden from the public.
I have to look through my magazines, somewhere is a "klaverblaadje" from long ago that had a leading story of about 20 pages text and photos on these cars.
If your Dutch is any good, I can scan it for you and there is some interesting reading to do, otherwise start learning an extra language.
I’ll try to find it tomorrow but can’t promise that I’ll find it.

Don

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Don,

Thanks for your help. Everybody speek about three cars so I will suppose it's correct. One in America, a grey one in the alfa romeo museum in Arese and the third can be a spider...??????
Where can I find information about the blue one in the forum ?

Thank's again for your help,

Fabian

·
Registered
134 Posts
I found the magazine and I've scanned some pages,
here is the spider as you can see, it's not finished and I don't know if it ever was finished.
Spider - 1.jpg

Spider - 2.jpg

And there is the other one with two conventional doors but with a simmular roof line.
Coupé -1.jpg

Coupé -2.jpg

Coupé -3.jpg

If you want me to scan the rest, let me know, it's 20 page long article with lots of photos and text.

Don

·
Registered
134 Posts
And some more
No.53 blz 50-51-0.jpg

No.53 blz 54.JPG

No.53 blz 66.JPG
Now you know why it's a right hand drive car. With the carbs behind your head you'd be deaf before you run out of gas.
But some time in it's life it was converted to left hand drive

No.53 blz 67.jpg

·
Registered
271 Posts
I'm looking for technical information about the Osi scarabeo, especialy pictures of the chassis, engine and gearbox used on this car. It seems to be difficult to find some good information about that car ! Can somebody help me ?
Hello Fabian,

I remember that we discussed the topic before, http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/anything-about-alfa-romeos-alfabb-com/38071-periscopio.html#post325740

And btw, the article that Don posted is the best you can find about the Scarabeo.

Best regards
Ciao Carlo:cool:

·
Registered
92 Posts
I know is a very old topic but i´d like con show you guys this photos I took at the museum during the centenary ocassion...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts