Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys n Gals.

Tomorrow,July 29 is the AROCA NSW annual concorse at Gough Whitlam Park
in a suburb called Underwood-near Tempe.
Lots of various model Alfa-Fiat + Lancia cars
Somewhere between 10am + 3pm
Come see 105s.
I hear there will even be a few Suds + Sprints.Also race cars.
There is a concourse section for the best restorations.Which model will win this year?.
Italian food,parts for sale,book,models
Which Alfa colour car do you prefer.All colours will be there.
Come and vote for your favorite car displayed on the day.
See you there,

Robert

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
concourse

• noun 1 a large open area inside or in front of a public building. 2 formal a crowd of people.

— ORIGIN Latin concursus, from concurrere ‘assemble in crowds’
con·cours
–noun, plural -cours
1. a public contest or competition.
2. E.G concours d'élégance.

No "e" on the end... :)
Take some good photos someone...

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ill have to agree with you -maybe PY105
How about the real title for this event

Concorso di Elegansa (ok,elegansa might be eleganza)

Robert

·
Registered
612 Posts
do you need to bring a home packed lunch or can you rely on food and coffee being available?

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I'll be there tomorrow with the Alfetta. Its registered in NSW now, passed blue slip inspection with no problems at all, amazing for any 30 year old car let alone a 30 year old Alfa! :D

Actually im considering putting it up for sale so come have a look if interested.

Sounds crazy i know but ive done crazier things :rolleyes:

Hope to see some of you there, should be excellent weather like last year.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I'll be there from about 10:30 till 11:30 (assuming I can walk after a full game of soccer). I'll have a distinctly "Shire" t shirt on so if you see me make sure you grab me and introduce yourself.

Won't have a car on display though. Just my MX5 in the car park somewhere.

See everyone tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
I'll be there in spirit.

Someone make sure Enri gets food and coffee, seems to be the only time he eats and drinks - car shows.

Take many pics please.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well,The concours show and shine car display was a huge success with great weather helping.
Only 4 Concours car,Junior Z 1600, a 105 1750 series 1 with series 2 1750-2000 headlamps, a 2000 105 that has won about 10 times,spectacular,and a 2 litre Giulietta.
The show n shine categorys had heaps of cars.Amazing to see so many sud-sprint cars-6 i think.
105 coupes + spiders were well represented.
All we need now is some pics.
Anyone got any?

Robert

·
Registered
612 Posts
I'll be there in spirit.

Someone make sure Enri gets food and coffee, seems to be the only time he eats and drinks - car shows.

Take many pics please.
hey italiansedanman,

the coffee was first class, but the food, the food, man:eek:

most of my photos are too close up and personal of other peoples cars so i dont feel comfortable about putting them on the net. number plates, peoples faces in the backround etc..

how did you manage to come to sydney last weekend and not this one?:confused:

can you tell me, was the junior an option through the entire 105 coupe series -giulia, 1750 series 1 and 2 and 2000 ?

here is a couple of pics for you

Attachments

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Unfortunately, I couldn't come down on the weekend just passed as I had to do some business but it would have been fun.

Enri, the Juniors were models in their own right there is no real corelation to the models that you have mentioned. There were Juniors available as step front cars and in the later shell too, they had 1300 and 1600 engines and they had they're own chassis code designations.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I think what enri is trying to ask is when the Junior was available - but let's remember as Ben said, it was it's own model, not an option.

The Junior first debuted in 67/68 when Alfa brought out the 1600GTV, correct full name being Giulia Sprint GT Veloce. We know this model by being stepfront, wooden (faux) dash, extra 3 hp (improved inlet flow and throttle bodies) and 3 horizontal whiskers on the front grille which was now black mesh backed.

The reason for the Junior was two pronged - to create a tax special for Italian and some Euro markets where road tax was dependent on engine capacity, and so the Jr had the 1300cc engine. Secondly to create a more affordable entry point to Alfa Romeo ownership. This is quite important from a business/sales point of view remember, in a time when Alfa's model range was really only the 105 and the last of the 101 - no Alfasud yet. In Australia it was quite significant, nearly a $1000 price difference when it first came out.

So now GT was a two tier model range. Jr was stepfront, but a lot more budget inside and obviously 1300. The Jr went through many changes in production, which we dont have time to document here and have been documented in many other places, but they generally follow improvements to the GTV.

Does that answer the q?

·
Registered
142 Posts
AHH! CAnnot believe I missed it! totally forgot.

Thanx Psk for the pics~

·
Registered
612 Posts
I think what enri is trying to ask is when the Junior was available - but let's remember as Ben said, it was it's own model, not an option.

The Junior first debuted in 67/68 when Alfa brought out the 1600GTV, correct full name being Giulia Sprint GT Veloce. We know this model by being stepfront, wooden (faux) dash, extra 3 hp (improved inlet flow and throttle bodies) and 3 horizontal whiskers on the front grille which was now black mesh backed.

The reason for the Junior was two pronged - to create a tax special for Italian and some Euro markets where road tax was dependent on engine capacity, and so the Jr had the 1300cc engine. Secondly to create a more affordable entry point to Alfa Romeo ownership. This is quite important from a business/sales point of view remember, in a time when Alfa's model range was really only the 105 and the last of the 101 - no Alfasud yet. In Australia it was quite significant, nearly a $1000 price difference when it first came out.

So now GT was a two tier model range. Jr was stepfront, but a lot more budget inside and obviously 1300. The Jr went through many changes in production, which we dont have time to document here and have been documented in many other places, but they generally follow improvements to the GTV.

Does that answer the q?

thanks py pete,
the reason i was asking is that there was an imaculate 1300 gt junior at the show with a scallino front (i prefer that word much more than stepnose) and a 1750 style dash and bucket seats
i found this thread that verifies its originality so dont mind posting a photo now.

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/showthread.php?t=24577&highlight=junior+dash

anyone else have photos of the day, especially the alfasuds?
you can also see photos of the day on the aroca website

edit added-
i just found out the reason the above car didnt win was because it turned up late and missed the judging. -although there were plenty of other nice cars on the day too
and there i was thinking it had something to do with the combination being too good to be real

Attachments

·
Administrator
13,467 Posts
Engine of white car here:

It would take a pretty amazing car to beat the plum 2000 GTV ... that car underneath was pretty much perfect.
Pete

1 - 16 of 16 Posts