Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This according to 'Autovisie', a Dutch newspaper's report (translated from Dutch):

January 28, 2011, 14:09
'No rebadge model of Alfa Romeo LONDON -

Whereas certain Fiat and Lancia models, will be more or less unchanged from their Amercian sister models, Alfa Romeo will be spared this fate.

Fiat changed the Dodge Journey to the Freemont, while Lancia takes on the Chrysler 300 and Grand Voyager. Alfa Romeo is apparently higher on the ladder than Fiat and Lancia and takes center stage within the Fiat group as an affordable premium brand.

"It does not match the DNA of Alfa Romeo to implement a similar strategy. We are currently working on new models. The upcoming Giulia and SUVs are completely Alfa Romeo developed,"said sales manager Andrea Formica in an exclusive interview with Autovisie Which incidentally also had the unveiling of an Alfa Romeo concept car at the fair in Geneva confirmed. According to insiders, presenting the brand as an extra sporty model called 4C.'

So-maybe there will be some surprises for us in the next few years?

RB

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
I guess that is all we can ask, and more than we expected.
All we need now is to burn off the next two years and then BANG! We'll be driving new Alfas in the US.

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
Except that we've been hearing two more years since 1995

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Except that we've been hearing two more years since 1995
Yes I know. I'm getting tired of checking this site for new Alfas. However, a lot has changed in the past 16 years. A lot has changed in the auto industry in the last few years too.

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
I'm flying back to Bellingham from a week in UK and a week in Brussels. The advertising here for Alfas definitely includes base model pricing, letting the public know how little you can get into an Alfa for. I talked to a fellow Alfisti who is a friend of a friend of my son's. He just talked a friend of his who was considering a VW or a SKODA, into an Alfa, based on price. The salesman at the Brussels Alfa dealer was excited about the new engines and surpassing emission requirements, even future ones. He says the Giuliettas are selling like "hotcakes". He sold 4 cars Sat and one on Sun! 5 cars in 2 days! The loaded models of the MiTo and Giullietta are stunning! I only wish I'd found one to rent for a day or 2, but no luck. I was stuck with a diesel Skoda:(
BTW, I have several brochures (15 to be exact) of models from the 164 to the Mito and Giulietta and almost everything in between. These are in Dutch. I'd be happy to pass them on, if anyone is interested.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts