Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This car was build in 1976 by Bertone. Its concept car build on alfa 33 chassis. Max speed is 300 km/h. Its very interesting car. Now is in Alfa museum.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
Interesting indeed...but surely not the prettiest thing around!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi

This car was not in movie or yes? This car I have never see in movies or some shows. This car was present only one ( I mean) in original firs present of Navajo

·
Registered
4,623 Posts
I have some photos taken of the car when it was at the Los Angeles Auto Show. I will get them out and scan them for posting here later.

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
Hi

This car was not in movie or yes? This car I have never see in movies or some shows. This car was present only one ( I mean) in original firs present of Navajo
No - it was not in the movie. 'Nero' was just noting that it resembles the car from Blade Runner (called "spinners" by the film's writers).

Also: the claim of of max speed being 300 km/h is purely based on theory, approximating the V8 power of the 33 carrying the new chassis design. One-off design concepts are notoriously fragile, sometimes being built with painted wood panels glued together for the sole purpose of being looked at by people attending a car show.

·
Registered
4,623 Posts
Alfa Romeo Navajo Concept Car

Here are the photos that I promised. These pictures haven't been out of the box in 30 years. (Tri-X 400 6cmx6cm)

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
I remember standing right next to that car back in '77 ('78? '79? somewhere in that timeframe). My dad took my picture next to it. I have to go dig around in my shoebox photo collection now :)

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
And what is nice? Its Carabo , Stradale , P33 Pininfarina, Cuneo, ......?
IMO: The Stradale is the most beautiful piece of machinery ever created, period. The end. Cue the fat lady....

·
Registered
4,623 Posts
Auto Expo Alfa Romeo

Anyone remember what year this was and what model? I didn't date the back of the photo, but it was definitely at the Los Angeles Auto Expo in the early 70's. I want to say it is some yellowish green color. My flash didn't carry far enough to get the whole car with out washing out the front fender.

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
Anyone remember what year this was and what model? I didn't date the back of the photo, but it was definitely at the Los Angeles Auto Expo in the early 70's. I want to say it is some yellowish green color. My flash didn't carry far enough to get the whole car with out washing out the front fender.
1969 "Type 33" by Pininfarina

http://www.homdrum.net/alfa/concept.html

3/4 the way down the page...

·
Registered
193 Posts
Re Navajo - That front end is very much a product of it's time ala Lotus and Aston Martin to name a few. IMO the Stradale is way out in front with regards to looks and sheer road presence. I find it hard to bring to mind any car that comes close.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts