Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my first Alfa Romeo in 1980 from a neighbor who was a car dealer in Atlanta. He also offered me a 289 AC Cobra, 'team car' i.e. with Ford sponsorship that had raced at Le Mans. Unfortunately I couldn't afford the $18,000 asking price... Being an 'car guy', I was given a book for Christmas "The Encyclopedia of the World's Classic Cars" that had a photograph of a green Montreal. I'll never forget seeing those cool covered headlights. Well 30 some years later I bought one of Bruce Taylor's books on the Montreal. Shortly thereafter, I saw a Montreal offered on BAT and joined the discussion. I realized that the car was located fairly close to my home, so I made an appointment to go and look at the car -for the guys on BAT. Long story made short the blue Montreal followed me home.

Montreal~the Essential Companion (M~tEC) has made it possible for me to keep and maintain this exotic Alfa for the last 6 years. The book covers everything; the basics of Alfa Romeo history, Montreal design and build, Maintenance and repairs, strong and weak points, the people who own and keep these rare and amazing cars. This is a truly great book. If you own or even think about getting a Montreal; this book should be an essential requirement.

Mark

1 - 1 of 1 Posts