Alfa Romeo Forums banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Karl,

Could you still supply a reinforcement plate as in pictures?

I think to mount only the external one with new 10.9 bolts.

Thanks for your answer,
Alberto

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Hello Alberto,
I currently have 2 Kits remaining, so I can send you 1.
The Steering Reinforcement Plate Kits cost $275 plus Shipping.
Please send me your E-mail Address, Shipping Address and a Telephone Number.
I will send you a PayPal Invoice and you can respond. Thank you.

Karl Robertson

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Hello Alberto,
I suggest that you use both reinforcement plates, RHS and LHS. Especially if you want to minimize Steering Flex. Your Kit will include 2 Reinforcement Plates, all Grade 10.9 Fasteners and Niloc Nuts. Let me know if you have any questions.
I have just sent 1 Kit to Oregon and there is 1 Kit remaining from the last batch. Please order yours, or it will be some time before the next set gets made. Thank you.
Best regards,

Karl Robertson
Michigan 48302
USA

\+1 248 766 9141
[email protected]

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Hi Alex,
Your Kit will be dispatched on Monday by USPS. Tracking Number to follow. Thank you.

Karl

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Hi Alex,
Your Kit has been delayed due to the supplier delay for the Grade 10.9 Bolts, they should be here in the next few days. I will send it on ASAP. Thanks.

While we are on the subject, I wanted to mention something here. There has been some comments about the cost of these Kits. Please remember the Kits come with the Grade 10.9 Bolts (6 off) plus Nuts and Washers. At anywhere between $3 and $5 a piece for the Bolts, depending on who supplies them, that is quite a bit. The Reinforcement Plates ar made of a high strength steel as are the re-enforcing gussets / ribs. All Hand cut, dressed and welded. This did not start out to be a production exercise, I made a set for myself! This note is not me trying to justify prices, rather to explain the reason for the current costs, not to mention any development time spent.
Finally, if any of you choose to purchase and install one of my Steering Reinforcement Plate Kits, you will notice a marked change in the Steering response and a tighter "Turn In".

Karl Robertson
248) 766 9141
[email protected]

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Hi Alex,
Your Steering Reinforcement Plate Kit has been shipped out today by USPS. I received the Grade 10.9 Bolts yesterday. Let me know when you receive it. Thank you

Karl

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Anyone interested in a Steering Reinforcement Plate Kit for their Montreal. Believe me, and refer to other owners who have installed the kits and have been very happy with the results.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Hi Alan,
Your Montreal Steering Reinforcement Plate Kit will be sent today by USPS. Thank you.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Anyone looking for a Steering Reinforcement Plate Kit please let me know. I am getting a new batch made, but won't start till I get some interest. Thanks!

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Hello Les,
Thank you for your patience! The last item on your order, the Steering Reinforcement Plate Kits have been made and I will be sending your package off this week.

I now have 6 more sets and these have been laser cut and with 3 improved reinforcement ribs. The high strength steel plate has also been upgraded, just a case of constantly improving the breed. Let me know and I will send you a set. It does tighten up the Steering on the Montreal and will help protect the Steering Box from failing. All Kits include Grade 10.9 Plated Fasteners and Niloc Nuts.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello Les,
Thank you for your patience! The last item on your order, the Steering Reinforcement Plate Kits have been made and I will be sending your package off this week.

I now have 6 more sets and these have been laser cut and with 3 improved reinforcement ribs. The high strength steel plate has also been upgraded, just a case of constantly improving the breed. Let me know and I will send you a set. It does tighten up the Steering on the Montreal and will help protect the Steering Box from failing. All Kits include Grade 10.9 Plated Fasteners and Niloc Nuts.
Hi Karl,
Many thanks! I look forward to receiving the package, but may still gather some dust before I get to play with it.
Regards,
Les

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Hi Les,
I now have 6 Sets made and they are in the paint process. They are Etch Primed, 2 coats and then finish Painted. The Etch Priming is done, now for the finish coat. Should be done by tomorrow. Then packing and shipping.
Sorry for the delay mate! Best regards,

Karl

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Hi Les
Your package has been sent today by USPS. The Tracking Number is: CH 089942192 US

The weight was 5 lb. 3.7 Oz.

The cost was more than I anticipated at $74.95 but is for combined shipping for the A) Alfa Montreal Hat B) Cylinder Head Nut Tool and C) Steering Reinforcement Plate Kit.

If you can reimburse me for the difference in cost of Shipping, I would appreciate it. Thank you. Let me know when you receive the package.
Best regards,

Karl

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Karl,
Firstly, thanks for producing the products. I am pretty sure that your efforts are very much appreciated by us 'consumers'! I will let you know when the goods arrive. The shipping cost adjustment has been forwarded.
Regards,
Les

41 - 56 of 56 Posts