Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am posting a Utube video we shot a week ago on some of the back roads of Michigan. The car is a RHD version, originally from Australia. Hope you enyoy it!,

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Robo,
The Montreal sounds great! Love the nice crack free dash...and wondered about the side mounted rear view mirrors that let you see about 1/2 of the cars 'sexxxy' hips. You have funny taste in hood ornaments:sailor:

Mark

·
Registered
222 Posts
That is a very handsome example indeed, and a sharp looking video too. Good to see a nice Montreal being enjoyed as intended. While watching the vidoe, though, I couldn't help but think that my own ability to enjoy a RHD Montreal in North America would be somewhat compromised, since I would tend to be a little more tentative in my passing manoeuvres on country 2-lanes while in the right seat, and passing on country 2-lanes is what Montreals do best!

Thanks for sharing Robo!

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Having been driving right hand drive cars in left hand drive countries has never bothered me too much. Just need to remember which side has the gearshift!! Just kidding!...

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
When I got my Montreal 17 years ago, there were 2 things I had to do insisted on my buddie Jeff, and who sold me this car for 17K. One was to take it to the 2000 Shelburne Museum car show, BAD Story I won, and to take her to Plattsburg,NY for another. It was the 1st time ever I drove my NEW/OLD Alfa, and as I was driving up 89 at a 104MPH and my buddie Jeff following me in a 308 finally catching up to me, waiving me to slow down, my mechanic, I realized the piece of automotive history I just obtained 3789"could be wrong" made and I got ONE of these unique pieces of automotive engineering. I realize it's not one of the best ever created, but it just the coolest ALFA in the modern era and of that time ever engineered. I hope to bring to R.I. next year for all to see cause she's a beauty!

THANKS for that RUSH, it gives me the push to get her running after a 9 year hibernation!

Pumpkin.jpg

·
Registered
468 Posts
WOW ! Very nice car and ride and video !

Dirk called me this moment to invite me to a (fake) "Bavarian Alm" for coffee and cake. Königsalm - Apel Catering Hope, he takes the Montreal to pick me up. Looks like it will be the last ride, winter is knocking on door, last night temperature went down VERY cold, brrr. If Monti comes I will take my camera for some impressions... :)

Karl, great sound, love it !
Hannelore

·
Premium Member
1,511 Posts
Very cool car and well-done video!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you for all the kind comments everyone! "Robo" is a classy guy and I really enjoyed working with him! I also applaud him for taking his car out and driving it on a consistent basis as well as taking it to car shows for people to see.

Chris

·
Registered
468 Posts
WOW !
Dirk called me this moment to invite me for coffee and cake. Hope, he takes the Montreal to pick me up. Looks like it will be the last ride, winter is knocking on door, last night temperature went down VERY cold, brrr. If Monti comes I will take my camera for some impressions... :)
Hannelore
Ha, I knew it...

the sun was warm and tank full so we made the last turn with Monti. First we made a stopp in next City Kassel in a little fine bodyshop where Alfa has priority. Owner has a 4C concept Launch edition (the paint is not really my favorite what is not the shiny one). A funny little car with bright hipps and great sound. Seat fits nice form me, I love coupe's and sitting very low anyway, I don't know why people love to drive "toaster's" family cars. A real nice toy... Both side took pics and we guess a new "I want to have one too" guy was born. He could not get enough of car details and asked quite clear quetions about technic and was always touching the body with eyes - looks like the hunger of him was real and his finance makes it also possible. At least the turn was just approx. 200 kilometer with some stopps but wonderful ! Now it's time for the rocket to go in bed. Tank is full incl. some fuel stabilisator, next weekend last cleaning in + out and than pillow and blanket. Sleep well Montreal - unfortunately...:001_unsure:
521montigirl - YouTube
Hannelore & Dirk

Attachments

·
Push hard and live
9,604 Posts
We still have good weather and mountain roads in Nevada. Orange rules!

·
Registered
468 Posts
We still have good weather and mountain roads in Nevada. Orange rules!
But this photo is after 42 years still unique, ha ha...

1972 Italian mag Il Quadrifoglio made a story "Ci vediamo Strasera a Lubecca"
(test run from Reggio Calabria what is tiptoe of Italian boot to Luebeck in north Germany and passed here our hometown Hann. Muenden/Exit Lutterberg. Decades I missed to take this photo, hmmm - but friday I took pic between a loooong chain of trucks !

Much changed, but some things the same !

Wish some nice miles on the roads, pumpkin...
Hannelore, Hann. Muenden

Attachments

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hi Hannelore,

last trip with Monti will be next Friday to the "Bodensee" for visit my brother.

Nice Video´s!!!. Nice to see you again very happy.

Monti driven makes happy!!!!

Liebe Grüße
Kai

1 - 15 of 15 Posts