Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Alfa Romeo Montreal - Head Nut Tool

11K views 68 replies 13 participants last post by  benicia 2600 
#1 ·
Hey guys!
I have a very limited number of Montreal Head Nut Tools left from the last batch made. Please let me know if you want one. These are invaluable for all Montreal owners, really!

Attachments

See less See more
#54 ·
Hello Guys!
Just a short reminder to all you owners of the Montreal. Please take the time to Check the Torque on your Cylinder Heads. Now that most of the cars are relatively inactive, it would be a good opportunity to make sure the Cylinder Head Nuts are done up correctly. Torque should be between 60 and 65 ft/lbs. Some of us use a slightly higher setting - 75 ft/lbs. Good luck!

#62 ·
Hello everyone!
I am just putting out a reminder to all you owners of Alfa Montreal's. Now that it's time for most of us to put the cars up for the winter, it may be a good time to remind you all to check your cars Cylinder Head Nuts. They should be re-torqued fairly regularly or face the possibility of Cylinder Head Gasket failure. This is not a doomsday prediction, but having gone through a similar scenario, I must say, CHECK THOSE NUTS! Instructions for the process can be found here on a Thread. Good Luck and happy wrenching!!!
Karl Robertson

#63 ·
2 Cylinder Head Nuts Tools have been dispatched to Australia. One to either end of the country. I am glad some of the Montreal Owners are taking advantage of this Tool's availability to check their Cylinder Head Torque and make sur it is up to the recommended Torque. Recommended factory spec is 60 ~ 65 Ft / lbs. I use 70 ~ 75 Ft / lbs. Should be checked every 2 years at least to avoid a potential Cylinder Head Gasket Failure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.