Alfa Romeo Forums banner
41 - 60 of 69 Posts
Discussion starter · #41 ·
Hello everyone!
I have managed to get my hands on some new 17.0mm deep socket wrenches and made some more Montreal Cylinder Head Nut Tools. Some of them have already been spoken for, but there are a few currently available. Contact me. Thank you.
Karl Robertson
248) 766 9141
robertsonpdt@comcast.net

P.S. I am offering these Tools with Free Shipping until the end of the year. All in the spirit of Christmas and the New Year!!!

Discussion starter · #42 ·
Montreal Cylinder Head Nut Tools have been sent to:
  • Anthony Rimici - California
  • Peter Holdsworth - UK
  • Roman Tucker - Michigan
  • Les Smids - Australia (waiting for Steering Reinforcement Plate Kit to be completed)

Discussion starter · #43 ·
I have some Cylinder Head Nut Tools available currently. I suggest you treat yourself to one and make sure the Cylinder Head Nuts are torqued to the correct level. You cannot torque the Cylinder Head Nuts without this unique tool.
I am offering these with Free Shipping anywhere in the USA and 50% for Overseas Shipping until 2020. Just in time for the holidays. The cost of this tool is indeed cheap insurance against a blown Head Gasket!!

Discussion starter · #44 ·
Hello and Happy New Year for 2020! Here's to a great year driving the Alfa Romeo Montreal, wherever you are!!

I am here to inform you that having managed to track down some more deep offset 17.0 mm wrenches, a new Batch has been made and is now complete. Prices are the same despite increases in costs. $110 each plus Shipping. I suggest you get yours while you can and check your Cylinder Head Nut Torque. Cheap insurance!!!

Discussion starter · #48 ·
BUMP!
The Cylinder Head Nut Tools have been Black Oxide Coated and are ready for any of you who want one!
Summer is coming here in the Northern Hemisphere... good time to check the Torque on your cars Cylinder Head. Very cheap Insurance indeed.

Discussion starter · #50 ·
Alfa Romeo Montreal - Cylinder Head Tool.
Here are some additional pictures for those of you who have not seen them in operation.

Auto part Engine Automotive engine part Metal

Engine Auto part Automotive engine part Carburetor Vehicle

When the engine is out of the car, It is relatively easy to Torque the Cylinder Head Nuts. The suggested Torque Values are between 60 - 65 ft. lbs. I have mine set at 70 ft.lbs. Use the correct sequence when tightening the Cylinder Head Nuts.
If you are re-torquing the Nuts, make sure that the engine has been warmed up first. After it has cooled sufficiently, tighten the Cylinder Head Nuts again using the correct sequence. There is an illustration in Bruce Taylors book or in your Owners Manual.
Take care and have some protective padding or other material to cover the Windscreen and Body Panels in case the Torque Wrench slips and you don't hit the glass or painted sheet metal. Also make sure that your Wrench has been calibrated recently. I have 3 types, the old lever type, the mechanical clicker type, or the Digital Torque Wrench that I bought from Sears, it's a Craftsman. Seems to be the most accurate as far as I can ascertain. But if you don't have one, don't worry, Just checking the Torque settings on your Cylinder Head will be a definite improvement, and very cheap insurance against a possible blown Head Gasket.

Discussion starter · #51 ·
All the previous Head Nut Tools were sold. After much searching, I managed to find some more 17.0 mm deep offset Ring Spanners from overseas. So I bought them and made the latest batch of Cylinder Head Nut Tools. They are just back from the platers. Let me know if you need one! Thank you.

Discussion starter · #54 ·
Hello Guys!
Just a short reminder to all you owners of the Montreal. Please take the time to Check the Torque on your Cylinder Heads. Now that most of the cars are relatively inactive, it would be a good opportunity to make sure the Cylinder Head Nuts are done up correctly. Torque should be between 60 and 65 ft/lbs. Some of us use a slightly higher setting - 75 ft/lbs. Good luck!

Discussion starter · #55 ·
Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy the time with your families! And enjoy your Holiday Season as well. If you have a warm, heated garage, now's the time to look at the "Old Lady" out there!!
All the very best!!!

Karl Robertson

41 - 60 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.