Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe I may have a Front Windscreen for a Alfa Romeo Montreal. Have to go and inspect it, but it's in a wooden crate and is new old stock. Just the Glass, no rubber. Anyone interested? Send me a PM.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Thats a nice score Karl. Yes, the NOS windshields did come in wooden crates from the factory. I got mine from Alfa Ricambi way back in '98, just in case you catch a rock while blasting down the highway. My understanding is the Repro windshields are slightly thinner glass than NOS, any truth to that? If I didn't have one, it would already be sold. Whoever is interested don't dilly dally, this won't last long.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone interested? Let me know. I will be going to inspect it soon. I do not need it myself as my windscreen is perfectly OK at this time. (Famous last words!!!...)

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have been to inspect the Alfa Montreal Front Windscreen glass. I believe it is an original Alfa Romeo part and it looks to be in perfect condition.
Apparently, there were originally 3 types of Windscreens available. 1) Plain Clear glass 2) Lightly Tinted Green and a 3) Tinted with a Darker Strip across the top of the windscreen. All types were of the Laminated type of glass.
The glass is packed in a substantial wooden crate. I took it out, checked it and put it back in. It would be ready to ship. Contact me.
Karl Robertson
248) 766 9141
[email protected]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts