Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to start this as a New Thread as the previous one had a lot of unnecessary content. Long story / short, I have brand new Montreal Cylinder Head Studs for sale. They come in Sets of 20, and are of the Rolled Thread type for additional strength and long term durability. They are also the correct length at 190.0 mm. The Size is M12 X 1.25
Let me know who is interested. Please PM me or contact me by email or telephone. Thank you.

Karl Robertson
248) 766 9141
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
1,474 Posts
That is great Karl! I bought mine for a GTAm from the same outfit, recognize the sleeves.
They are great guys to work with.

How do you remove the old studs, and should I, as my engine is apart.

Regards, Alberto

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Alberto
I am not sure who you bought your Cylinder Head Studs from but the ones you see in the pictures , I had made specially for the Montreal. And the Orange Protective Sheathing you see, I put on the Studs to protect the Rolled Threads. By the way, my Cylinder Head Studs are 190.0mm long.
I don’t know what condition your Studs are in but, if there is any Pitting or Corrosion, I would change them now when the engine is apart. If you are concerned about doing it yourself, I am sure there must be a engine builder near you that can help.

·
Premium Member
1,474 Posts
Hi Rob,

I had mine made by an outfit in the UK, different engine though, GTAm, three step studs.
They did a spectacular job.
No, my engine studs are fine, no pitting or corrosion whatsoever.
Engine builder, that would be me :) yet have never found the need to remove any studs ever on ANY
Alfa engine, and there have been many, never even had one break while torquing the head down.

Regards, Alberto

1 - 5 of 5 Posts