Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Well, granted, we will all have our own opinions, but, since you asked:

1. The headlight assembly is just contrived, overly complex, and plain childish in my opinion. It makes the goofy stuff from BMW or the Korean makes look sophisticated.

2. Auto companies try to cut costs by using integrated pieces, but this fascia is the furtherest I've ever seen this go. These are meant to be luxury sports cars, not Chinese-grade knock offs. This one piece front just looks cheap, not sleak...

3. The design of the MiTo's front was something I've personally never been able to learn to like. This follows this fat front design and it looks even worse. The lower air **** just looks silly.

4. How the front grill is inserted into the fascia looks really like a third-world knock off. I'm shocked by this. If we removed the Alfa emblem and it was just this inserted triangle into this cheap looking fascia, I bet we would all be crying foul to a cheap Alfa knockoff.

Anyway, from the age of the 156, to the most recent 8C, and even the 159, I've never been so saddened to see Alfa Romeo going in a negative direction. Just like BMW did in the Bangle era, I guess every brand is due to oscillate from good to bad, but this turn for Alfa is just shocking.

Anyway, end of my rant, but just my opinion again. I was interested in purchasing the 147 replacement in the US, but comparing this to the original 147 and 147 GTA, this is a huge let down. I can't see buying this; hopefully the 159 replacement or Brera will be much better.

:(

-ryan

·
Registered
847 Posts
There were a lot more photos of the same white Milano from the source but it looks like it was taken down....

You can see the pics on this forum but you may have to sign in..
Latest "Milano" pics - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum

Here's what I wrote elsewhere,

Some good things, some bad things, and all of that from a low-quality phone-cam.. Not going to make much of anything at this point, but the "scalloped" edges, ala Pininfarina, are interesting, I would need to see more. Don't like the grille nor the dash, proportions look decent considering any car that is more round looks horrible with a wide-angled lens, (MiTo) it amplifies those round features...

Let's wait for the official photos... :) Before we start doing throw-up icons.. heh

·
Registered
112 Posts
A whole bunch of photos now on Italiaspeed:

::ITALIASPEED::

The side and back views look more reasonable. I like that they went back to the 156-style hidden rear door handles, but for some reason the proportions to me don't look right. With the 156, these made the car look very much like a coupe', but in this hatchback shape it looks just like a lot of odd empty space behind the front doors.

However, granted, the car will hopefully look better with good shots, a more flattering paint colour, and maybe in real life. I've yet to see the MiTo in person, so a lot of my criticism of the front design may vanish once one comes over to this side of the pond.

Still, I just don't like the trend of making so many one piece body panels. I know it is a cost issue, but it usually just comes out looking cheap. The grille is just a mess.

Anyway, always hoping for the best with Alfa (and Fiat and Lancia), so no throw-up icons from here -- yet. ;)

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I think this is an improvement over the MiTo but there are things wrong with it too. The front-center profile is not good (as I stated in a another thread). It's waaaay too rounded-off and circular. Alfa had a good thing going with the face of the Brera (more angular with deeper contours) but now they have taken a step down with this look imo. I like the rear end because of it's obvious cues from the Brera. Side profile is good too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.