Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I recently picked up this lighted dealer sign and was wondering if any forum members knew how much it is worth and if anyone is interested in purchasing it?. It is approx. 36" round and 2-sided. One side has a small crack in the lens the other has a crack with pieces missing, but they may be inside the light. I am going to pull the light apart this weekend and try to piece it back together. The pictures show both sides.

Regards, Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
How bout 5 bucks shipped:confused:

·
Registered
118 Posts
This sign and and a rectangular version were available at blowout prices from the dealers prior to the marques departure from our shores back in 1994. Both signs as I recall sold for $400 new in the crate (and they were big crates - I bought mine from Grove Motors in San Luis Obispo, CA). They can be generally in the $88 to $1500 range as they require a signifigant amount of space to display.

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
:eek:Ok, :mad: 10 and I foot the postage:).

A

·
0 Posts
no idea what it might be worth, and don't want to lowball you even if unintended, but very interested, when you find out what it is worth please PM me, could trade full or partial unobtainium plus cash if you want

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have seen these around (I guess you did not read my earlier post....) and they generally run between $800 to $1500 and around $200 to $400 in crating and shipping. In the condition stated (cracks with possible pieces missing and out of the crate) I would not offer more then $500. They are not that uncommon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the Replies

Thanks to all for the replies and offers :rolleyes:

While I don't doubt the values stated, I was surfing this morning and found several Alfa signs that sold at the RM auctions in April of this year. Here is the link for anyone interested. RM Auctions I would rate the condition of the sign a solid 5-low 6. I guess there is always the ebay route?!.

·
Registered
847 Posts
RM is notorious for its skyrocketing auctions,

although i vaguely remember one of these on the Bay awhile back getting over 1500, but not by much.

Would be interested in seeing what it reaches if you put it on the Bay..

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
I agree. While back against the wall I probably would have gone say, $2,499 - :rolleyes: $2,500 is a bit much IMO.

A

·
0 Posts
OUCH! even a $500 offer would have been "lowball". Ebay is probably the way to go, even with fees deducted you will realize far more than a "best offer" type of sale. I think I'll just go ahead and vacuform a "knock-off". Thanks for offering it up prior to Ebay. I'll bid when it goes up, get the bidding started if nothing else.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I think you missed the point. The sign is damaged (not mint) so a $500 offer would be consumate to the condition. I would suggest waiting for a better example.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
666 Posts
Well, I went ahead and listed the sign on ebay. Here is the link....

Alfa Romeo Lighted Dealer Sign - (eBay item 270190557815 end time Nov-30-07 19:04:54 PST)

I would really like to sell to someone who owns an Alfa and would enjoy it. I will end the auction early for the right offer. PM or email me if interested.

Thanks to all of you who replied to the original email and encouraged me to list it.
Yeah, I think eBay is the way to go with an item like this- see what the market will bear. If it doesn't meet your reserve, you have a cool sign- it may be worth storing and selling later when the economy is more conducive to spending on collectibles and such- a lot of folks are a little jittery about parting witn any disposable income right now, at least until after the elections- good luck! :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts