Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Alfa Romeo leather steering wheel for S4 Spider

5K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  targaflorio 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi, AlfaBB community.
Regretfully, I’m selling a like-new, flawless, clean Alfa Romeo leather steering wheel (see attached four photos). I’d purchased this item to help restore my 1986 Spider QV not knowing that my car has a Woodruff key steering column shaft whereas the steering wheel I received fits only a splined-end shaft.
What I gather from some educational BB posts is that the splines were used on S4 Spider steering column shafts beginning somewhere in 1990. This steering wheel might also fit other Alfa models such as the Alfetta or the 75 (Milano).
Firm price: 150 EUR + shipping from Sicily.

PS: If I had any Alfa with a splined-end shaft, this wheel is so nice I'd even buy it from myself!

NOTE: I am currently in France but leave for a 3-month stay in Sicily on 01 November 2012. If I get an immediate order for the wheel, I can ship it from France tomorrow (31 October) by mail. After that, it goes to Sicily with me and can ship from there.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Hi, Renato.

The steering wheel is still available. Several weeks back, a potential buyer in Portugal showed interest but there was never any follow-up on how payment could be remitted. The wheel is now packaged and ready for shipment from Italy by parcel post. As stated, the price of the wheel is 150 EUR + shipping. I recall shipping costs were about 50 EUR but will verify this.
If you are seriously interested, please suggest how you would like to pay. I can only suggest a European bank transfer, which as we all know, is based on trust. You don't know me so I would understand if you felt uneasy about this. The only thing I can say at this time is that I am reliable and trustworthy, almost 57 years old, have a good job and have no reason to cheat anyone. Lastly, I would not want to ruin my reputation and name on the ABB forum.
Sincerely yours,
Chris (RiansSpider)

#6 ·
"Alfa Romeo leather steering wheel for S4 Spider" SOLD

Hi, everybody.

The "Alfa Romeo leather steering wheel for S4 Spider" that I posted on 30 October 2012 has been sold (to a lucky and happy S4 owner in Norway).

Good things are worth waiting for.

Greetings,
RiansSpider

#7 ·
Hi Chris, I have been following your sale of the steering wheel more for the fact that you were in Sicily for a true interest is right on the steering wheel. Now enjoy your holiday in Sicily and if you have free time visiting the old route of the Targa Florio!
Ciao Giorgio

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.