Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1982 Alfa Romeo gtv6
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m sure many of you have seen the Lancia Delta Futurista from Automobili Amos. I am going to do a similar take on my gtv6 and I will be developing some parts along the way such as carbon bumpers side skirts little pieces ect. The plan is to paint it in Rosso, and for the interior it will mainly be dark dark brown leather and suede. I know that for the purists it won’t be your favorite and I understand that but I want to have something I created with my touch I hope you enjoy! Here are some pictures of the starting of my project. I bought this 1982 gtv6 up in Portland Oregon. It’s originally from bellview Washington and it was in California for some of its life and that took a toll on the paint and interior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Good luck on your project. Look forward to progress.

·
Premium Member
1984 GTV6, 1973 Berlina, 1987 Milano
1,568 Posts
I remember seeing that one for sale, where are you based?

Ian - Portland, OR

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
603 Posts
Looks like your car is in fairly good condition for the few pics there are. Seats would be easy to get recovered. I have a sister car, 82, black with blue interior. Mind you, it looks like there were only three exterior colour choices that year.....

Attachments

·
Registered
1982 Alfa Romeo gtv6
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks like your car is in fairly good condition for the few pics there are. Seats would be easy to get recovered. I have a sister car, 82, black with blue interior. Mind you, it looks like there were only three exterior colour choices that year.....
Great looking car! I’m hoping to reupholster it a different color I’m thinking a dark dark brown

·
Registered
1982 Alfa Romeo gtv6
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Currently pulling the engine out but I keep hitting the the oil pan on the crossmember with the steering rack anyone know how to get around this issue?

·
Registered
1982 Alfa Romeo gtv6
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Been awhile since I’ve been on the forums. Progress update: I pulled the engine fixed a faulty injector redid the gaskets, new hardware, new plugs, cap and rotor, painted the engine. The camshafts are looking a little tired so I’m the future I will switch to performance cams and rebuilt the heads. and cleaned up every part on the car. Sadly I found out my passenger side steering rack boot is toasted and everywhere is out of stock. Tie rod ends are toast as well as the front brake rotors. I also started bodywork I welded in new lower fender panels and repaired almost all rust. I started on the interior too switch it to brown I’m doing the upholstery work myself so it’s not perfect but we have to learn somehow! I think I want to paint the car a dark green it’s not original but I think it would compliment the interior. Also think I will be trying to get my hands on a Grand Prix kit from Australia Here are some pics

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
hi there, great progress, i have the same colour and year model car. If you're not keeping the front seat covers let me know, I'll buy them off you!

·
Registered
1982 Alfa Romeo gtv6
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hi there, great progress, i have the same colour and year model car. If you're not keeping the front seat covers let me know, I'll buy them off you!
The drivers side is cracked a little but the passenger side is flawless pm me and I’ll send you some pics and info

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hi Caleb. Noticed you wired a Stop/Start button into the center console... cool! How did you do that? I was thinking of buying a newer wheel with same, and was trying to figure out how... keep posting... great project, and the engine and interior look awesome! ??

·
Registered
1982 Alfa Romeo gtv6
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi Caleb. Noticed you wired a Stop/Start button into the center console... cool! How did you do that? I was thinking of buying a newer wheel with same, and was trying to figure out how... keep posting... great project, and the engine and interior look awesome! ??
I actually bought it off eBay here’s the link Push to start panel. As far as how it works it’s like a rally car the push to start button o.ln this set up only cranks over the car and I’m using one of the switches for ignition and fuel pumps. And thank you very much!

·
Registered
1982 Alfa Romeo gtv6
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Today I got the engine in it is running great! Painted the engine bay and got the engine in in just about 24hrs. I’ve heard a lot of people say European cars are hard too work on but I actually find it easier than my old Toyota pickup to work on. Here are some photos enjoy

1 - 20 of 27 Posts