Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

My fathers 1300 GTJ is due for some TLC under the hood, it has been stationary for years now due to we both have been living and working abroad - so now its time to give the old girl some care and attention.

The rough plan is to take the engine and complete driveline out and give renew it.

Engine rebuild (light rebuild - if bottom end looks fine and cylinders are ok i will not strip it all the way down)
Tranny rebuild - this will be a complete rebuild with a full kit from Alfaholics

Drive shaft - blasting and paint

Control and trailing arms - blasting, bushings and paint

All Breaks is to be changed out - everyting exept the pedal box.

Reactions: Antonio105

· Registered
Alfa Romeo GT Sprint 601507
2,261 Posts
Hi Guys,

My fathers 1300 GTJ is due for some TLC under the hood, it has been stationary for years now due to we both have been living and working abroad - so now its time to give the old girl some care and attention.

The rough plan is to take the engine and complete driveline out and give renew it.

Engine rebuild (light rebuild - if bottom end looks fine and cylinders are ok i will not strip it all the way down)
Tranny rebuild - this will be a complete rebuild with a full kit from Alfaholics

Drive shaft - blasting and paint

Control and trailing arms - blasting, bushings and paint

All Breaks is to be changed out - everyting exept the pedal box.
For Paint Invest in a powder coat system.. you will not regret it ...

· Registered
4,920 Posts
I second that suggestion - I get giddy everytime a perfectly wrinkle coated (or otherwise coated) part comes out of the oven. Look forward to pics and your progress.

Plumbing fitting Automotive wheel system Automotive tire Auto part Recreation

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As for this project I have not yet decided on the paint system for the undercarriage, for my previous projects I have used POR15 polyurethane paint, and it have been on the Parts for 3-4 years now and are still looking great.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry about the mess around the car, was installing a mezzanine deck in the other part of the shop at the time

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So, we have started to rip her apart :) , looks like the list is going to be a bit longer than we first anticipated, but thats just how these Alfas are...

The deatils you can read about on my blog , Laccelratore.com

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.