Alfa Romeo Forums banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
IMSA race from Road America Saturday, August 1 – 4:45 PM to 6:45 PM EDT

Pay-per-view on NBC TrackPass in the USA. (Free on IMSA.TV for the rest of the world.)

[ The IMSA main event is on Sunday at noon EDT on NBC broadcast TV (but no Alfas in that race.) ]

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Hope it is a successful weekend, and thanks for always keeping us updated.

·
Premium Member
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
IMSA race from Road America: Alfa started 7th (of 12) and finished 4th.

So close to a podium!

The Hyundais are hard to beat, but the Alfa is better than equal to the Audis, with the Hondas the bringing up the rear.

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Some interesting stuff from the RdAm race. The winning Veloster had Gaby Chavez (former Indycar driver) in the car the second half, and it's one of the cars entered by Brian Herta Autosport - very well funded. Starting with this race, the Velosters were given a Balance of Performance award - 2 liters less fuel. If it had been enough to make them stop a second time, the Alfa would have been on the podium. There was some craziness on the first lap that had Roy Block in the Alfa as far back as 10th, but he made up positions. After the pit stop, Tim Lewis took over 5th and eventually 4th. The TCR field included 1 Alfa, 5 Velosters, and 3 each Hondas and Audis.

These IMSA races will be shown on nbcsn. I watched after paying for TrackPass (thankfully only $20 for the season), and the coverage of the TCR class sucks. Coverage concentrates on the GS class, which includes McLaren, Aston Martin, BMW, Mercedes, Mustang, Camaro. Very little time spent on TCR. And LOTS of ads - at least with TrackPass, it's ad free, but there's no commentary. You see and hear the cars - GS cars - during the periods where there will be ads inserted for the TV coverage.

The team will be at Sonoma (Sears Point) next weekend with TC America. If it's like the VIR weekend, it will be 3 races - one each day, Fri, Sat, Sun. The races are streamed live at Live. These are 40 minute races, so no driver change.

Mike

PS: Maldi - I tried to find Radio Le Mans for better commentators, but all I got was a time sheet, albeit with no times only positions.

Reactions: shakingthrough

·
Premium Member
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
The Radio Le Mans commentators also mentioned that the IMSA had the Hyundais "re-map" their engines to decrease horsepower. No further details were given.

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
I see the step I missed for Radio Le Mans.

Track Pass coverage is focused so much on GS, we get little TCR coverage.

The Alfa is the best looking car out there, especially compared to the Mercedes.

·
Premium Member
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
IMSA manufacturer point standings after 3 of 10 races

1 Hyundai 102
2 Audi 97
3 Alfa Romeo 90
4 Honda 86

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
I haven't taken the time to research how the points are assigned but it's encouraging that they are still bunched up and close in the standings.

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Just looked for the schedule for this weekends races at Sonoma Raceway (aka Sears Point). TC America is catching up on their races by having three races each weekend. You can see the races live streaming at:

www.tcamerica.us/watch-live

Race schedule for our guy is:

Friday at 2:15pm EDT
Saturday at 11:30am EDT
Sunday at 11:10am EDT

If anyone is attending and can get photos, please email them to me at [email protected].

Same goes for anyone who was at Road America last weekend for the IMSA TCR race. I'm desperate for photos for our coverage in Alfa Owner.

Thanks,

Mike

·
Premium Member
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Mike,

I think those times are Pacific Daylight Time, that is, 'local' to the track.

The Eastern Daylight Times would be:

Friday at 5:15pm EDT
Saturday at 2:30pm EDT
Sunday at 2:10 pm EDT

(This is based on the GMT times on the TC America webpage.)

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Oops - you're right. See what happens when you get used to everyone using Eastern Time for their TV shows...sigh.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts