Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Next IMSA race is Friday July 17 at Sebring from 2:30 to 4:30 PM EDT. It's called the Advent Health 120.

Watch live @ IMSA: TV | IMSA

TCR class entries are 5 Hyundais 馃嚢馃嚪, 4 Audis 馃嚛馃嚜, 3 Hondas 馃嚡馃嚨, and one Alfa 馃嚠馃嚬.

Premium Member
Fingers crossed!

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #28
In race 1 of TC America at VIR, the Alfa started 6th and finished 7th.

Premium Member
Roy Block was up to 5th on the last lap but finished 7th. Lost 24 seconds on that last lap. I suspect he went off or was pushed off. Hope to find out, but I'm not going to bother the team tonight.

Mike

Premium Member
A good solid run from 6th on the grid. The Veloster that has won both races and the two Hondas that have finished second and third are quite a bit faster than the rest of the TCR field. The Alfa seems very competitive with the VWs and Audis. Wonder if those top makes need a little competition adjustment so they're not running away from the rest of the field.

Here's where you can watch race 3 - Live. I think the race is at 11:20 EDT tomorrow morning.

Mike

Reactions: shakingthrough

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #32
In race 3 of TC America at VIR, the Alfa started 5th and finished 4th.

Beautiful late-braking inside move in turn one on the first lap by Block to go from 5th to 4th.

Here's hoping for a podium finish next time out.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #33
IMSA race from Sebring Friday, July 17 鈥 2:30 p.m. ET.

Televised by subscription only through NBC Sports Gold TrackPass.

Radio coverage on RadioLemans.com (Coverage by the great John Hindhaugh!)

Giulietta.jpg

Premium Member
Sucks that they've made imsa.tv available only to those outside the US. Another greedy grab by NASCAR, which really owns IMSA.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #35
I agree. Especially since the TC America races are live-streamed free on YouTube.

Premium Member
If you pay the $19.99 + tax, you can get NBC Sports Gold (that price is only for IMSA coverage) and see the race today at 2:30-4:30. I bit, so I'll be taking notes on the race.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #37
The Giulietta started 8th (of 13) and finished 6th, in a race interrupted by lightning. 鈿

(What do expect in central Florida in July?!)

Premium Member
The coverage, which costs $20+ for the season, we horrid. The emphasis was on the GS class, so little was said about TCR, and nothing about our team.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #39
Mute the NBC commentary and listen to Radio LeMans.

Much more knowledgable discussion that continued during the red flag period.

Premium Member
Thank you! I found the podcast and will use it for the Road America race.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts