Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I drove one of these a few years ago, but in looking closely it was not either of these. It was a 1.5L Turbo Alfa that was also a De Cesaris car that Said Marouf owned at the time. I'm not a big person (5' 8" - 145#), but we had to take the seat out for me to fit. So Andrea was tiny, with big nuts (apparently). I tested it at Willow Springs detuned to about 950hp as there were no spares for the engine. We lapped around 1:12....I'm thinking this was around 1995. We ran the car in a VARA race at Willow once and then Said parked it and sold it at auction a few years later. I think it sold for around $200k....not a very high number as it was not a very useful car and very few spares. It was pretty fast as I remember. I have been lucky enough to drive about 15 or 20 F1 cars, all obsolete when they got to me. They range from a 1937 Alfa 12c/37 to the latest, a 1994 Ferrari F1 ex Micheal S. All we interesting and different.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
LeMans89 said:
(...) to the latest, a 1994 Ferrari F1 ex Micheal S.
Really ? 1994 Schumacher was driving a Benetton; he joined Ferrari first for the 1996 season.

Berger, Alesi and Larini was the 1994 Ferrari driver line-up.

·
Registered
22 Posts
That just goes to confirm that you can't trust a car dealer. I drove the car around 2005 and it was for sale by Symbolic Ferrari in San Diego. They had Shumacher's name on it and I never questioned it. Tanks for the correction.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts