Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first half of the latest episode from Tom Cotter's Barn Find Hunter series shows him going to the Atlanta area to meet with Paul Spruell, an SCCA champ whose family owned an AR dealership in the 80s and 90s. Paul is an impressive guy and he has a bunch of neat AR projects in his shop. I got the link from one of the Hagerty emails and enjoyed watching it so thought I would share..

Bill

·
Administrator
12,585 Posts
Gee the GT sitting outside under the tarp is fast disappearing ... :O
Pete

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes several of his cars look to need a lot of work. I hope their future guardians are out there.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Here's the the text for the Alfa Portion of the Show. Looks like Paul is selling up some of his " barn find type "cars.
=================================================

The area around Atlanta, Georgia, supplies a trove of fascinating imports for Tom Cotter to investigate in his most recent quest. In the latest Barn Find Hunter episode, he takes a quick walk through the shop of Alfa Romeo expert Paul Spruell before dropping in to check on a fellow hunter—one Tom knows pretty well.

Paul Spruell is a humble man, that much is clear. As Tom introduces him and lists Spruell’s racing accomplishments over the years, Spruell simply nods in acknowledgement of the four SCCA national championships under his belt. All those wins were behind the wheel of an Alfa Romeo, so it makes sense that all the cars Tom examines hail from the Italian brand.

The sheer variety of the Alfas assembled in Paul’s shop is impressive. A 1966 Guilia GTV sits on a dolly out back, while cars almost ready to race sit on lifts inside. Of course, there is everything in between scattered about for Tom to investigate, including the very Duetto in which Spruell racked up those SCCA wins, plus a barn-find ’66 Spider Veloce. Paul explains the intricacies of Alfa Romeo’s Guilia/Giulietta naming formula and the finer points of a couple of the cars in the shop. For fans of vintage Italian metal, it’s a must-watch.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
It was Paul's son Todd, who sold us our new 164LS back in early 1995. My wife and I flew down to Atlanta, and Spruell had our new champagne LS ready and waiting for us! Unforgettable... wow what a ride!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts