Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have for sale a good engine for a Alfa Romeo. I'm listing this for a friend.

We believe it is out of a 1959-1960 Alfa.
Serial number AK01615(star)A00328(star)

#1 main bearing got hot, but did not spin. #2 rod bearing spun, but not bad.
When you loosen #2 rod cap, engine rotates freely. Cylinders will hone out good. 30 year ASE techician has checked this engine, block, pistons and rods are good. Recommend #2 rod should be reconditioned. All aluminun block needs cleaned.

Free local pickup. Seller will drive up to 100 miles one way to meet buyer to help on shipping. Engine is located in Barboursville, WV. Twelve miles from Huntington, WV, thirty five miles from Charleston, WV.

$825.00 OBO Thanks for your time. Phone 304.690.2865 or email [email protected]

Attachments

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP
16,232 Posts
Engine type AR01615 are USA version L4 2L engines with Spica fuel injection and were fitted to the 1977-1979 Spiders and the 1976-1978 Alfettas. The A0 in the A00328 sequential serial number make this engine specific to the 1977 & 1978 Alfettas without air conditioning while the 0328 block number would suggest it's from a 1977.

·
Premium Member
5,172 Posts
Papajam's right the crank is not drilled for the input bushing.

·
Registered
975 Posts
****! That is why I love this forum! Lots of learned Alfa people here..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello Papajam,

I'm late in replying due to internet server problems. I apologize!

Thank you so much for the information you provided. I had no idea and my friend that has the block didn't know either. We both appreciate the valuable information. We certainly do not want to misrepresent the engine in any way.
Obviously this is a great site and your information and knowledge is very valuable.
I thank you again!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi JIM G,

I thank you also regarding the engine I have listed for sale for your information as well regarding the crank not being drilled for input bushing.
sixtnut

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CORRECTION

I listed the engine stating it was from a 1959-1960 Alfa. It is not for these years.

It is from a 1977 (usa version) Alfetta without air conditioning.

Thanks goes to Papajam and Jim G for identifying this engine.

I apologize for the misrepresentation regarding this engine.

sixtnut

1 - 7 of 7 Posts