Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I sent my new Spider's VIN to Alfa Romeo in Italy and Marco Fazio responded that the car was sold new in Boyertown, PA in Feb '87. I looked in an Authorized Dealer Directory dated Oct. '87 and it doesn't show a dealer in Boyertown... in fact, the closest dealer was Bennett Alfa in Allentown (it looks like they sell Toyotas and Scions under the Bennett name at that location now).

Anyone know if there was a dealer in Boyerstown? Or does Alfa tell me where the car was first registered? (seems odd that they would have that information).

Just curious. Thanks!

·
Banned
6,139 Posts
Interesting, because most of the resonses I have gotten from Alfa in regard to cars that modern simply show they were sent to Alfa USA; not a specific dealer...

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
Actually, it isn't the dealer at all. The Boyerstown location is probably (I don't KNOW this, but it's one of my buried memories from a similar issue a few years ago) the location of the importer for Alfa at the time.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I bought my both my 85 and my 87 from Bennet in Allentown. What a bunch of porcupine outsides!

I also beleive that there was an Alfa dealer in Doylestown PA. I forget it's name. Maybe there was a mispelling.

Alfa was based corporately in Englewood Cliffs NJ at the time.

Mo in NJ
85 and 87 gone

81 in the garage, smirking at me.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Of the two Spiders I've owned (two '86s and this '87) one came back with the specific city of the dealer and one said USA. Not sure how accurate it has been, though...

My first car was said to have been delivered to Rockville, Md., but the closest dealer (according to my literature) was in Kensington on Rockville Pike (Colonial Dodge, referred to as North Bethesda on their website).

Here's the email I received regarding the my '87:

According to our documentation files, the chassis number ZAR 11541000048082 originally corresponds to an Alfa Romeo 2000 Spider Veloce I.E., manufactured on the 15th July 1987 and sold on the 27th February 1987 in Boyertown PA, U.S.A.
Obviously, Alfa is a little careless since my car wasn't built in July '87 and sold 5 months earlier! The VIN tag shows a July 1986 build.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought my both my 85 and my 87 from Bennet in Allentown. What a bunch of porcupine outsides!

I also beleive that there was an Alfa dealer in Doylestown PA. I forget it's name. Maybe there was a mispelling.

Alfa was based corporately in Englewood Cliffs NJ at the time.

Mo in NJ
85 and 87 gone

81 in the garage, smirking at me.
Mo,

That '87 wasn't a blue Veloce, was it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts