Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Admin
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was web surfing some cafe racing sites when I came upon this little gem. I don't think I've seen this custom motorcycle here before so I thought I'd post it for all to enjoy. There was no info posted on the bike just the images which show its powered by an Alfa Romeo boxer engine. If anyone knows more about this bike please share the additional info.

Attachments

·
Push hard and live
9,315 Posts
The Alfasud range used the "boxer" engine. They were never officially imported to the US, reportedly due to their inability to make it across the Atlantic without rusting into oblivion.

·
Registered
77 Posts
How many cc would that engine be? 1100? 1300? What kind of HP and what weight?

Just curious. I used to be a cafe racer type back in the day.
If my memory is correct this is an 8-valve boxer engine that can be as big as 1500cc. The 16-valve can be as big as 1700cc

·
Registered
434 Posts
The basic design of the bike reminds me of BMW bikes. I like it......slightly-too-big engine gives the impression of power, while the overall design still maintains a certain grace and civility. Very nice!

Matt

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
For a custom installation like that, that is one pretty piece of engineering and style. I'm impressed.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
For a custom installation like that, that is one pretty piece of engineering and style. I'm impressed.
+1

I'd sure like to see more pictures, for one, & much more info on this ride!

It appears to be in Europe(?) somewhere---anyone know?

Regards.

·
Premium Member
15,604 Posts
Didn't we see at one time a bike with the v-6 in it? http://www.helmethairblog.com/entries/v6-alfa-romeo-custom-motorcycle/

Check out the cam belt out in the open, and the intakes sucking the rider's chest hair into them.

I remember from many many years ago the Moto Guzzi with the little (30 cu in, 500 cc) four overhead cam v-8 in it. 78 hp @12,000 rpm, and bike top speed of 172 mph. Really interesting, and ahead of it's time in the mid 50's.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts