Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi members,

For some years now I've been searching the internet and other sources on Alfa Romeo Autobus information. Unfortunately the information is rather scarce. Via this post I would like to get in contact with other Alfa Romeo nuts who are also interested in this obscure Alfa subject. If possible I would like to exchange my information (sales brochures, ad's, articles, pictures etc.) for new stuff I don't have yet. If people would like to sell their Alfa Romeo autobus items instead of trade I'm also interested.

Alfa greetings

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tubolare Zagato, thanks for the link. As you can imagine I've already seen this link some time ago. I continuously look on the internet and other sources for new information regarding this subject.

Thanks anyway :) :)

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Hi Ronald ;)

I'm afraid we are very few researching the Alfa autobus/trolleybus history...

I seize the occasion for posting again the link toward my article on the trolleybusses: Dutch article with pictures here, English text here, and english captions.

The original thread where I had posted it apparently disappeared with the famous outage of the BB months ago.

·
Registered
237 Posts
For those interested in Alfa Romeo scale models, check out this link for some excellent bus models. Text in Dutch, but the pictures speak for themselves.:)

More here (Marchesini tinplate) and here (unique model for Swiss museum).

·
Banned
6,139 Posts
Dinky Boy said:
For those interested in Alfa Romeo scale models, check out this link for some excellent bus models. Text in Dutch, but the pictures speak for themselves.:)

More here (Marchesini tinplate) and here (unique model for Swiss museum).

The Rivarossi trolley and overhead system parts are almost impossible to find, at least here in the US, at ANY price. There was/is? a company, I think somewhere in what was the Soviet Union, about 7 years ago, that was making a few Alfa and FIAT trolleys in 1/43rd scale, but they were in the $400 US range....

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
**** GTV2000 already figured out my identity. GTV2000 are we the only 2 persons heavily interested in this obscure piece of Alfa history? :confused:

·
Banned
6,139 Posts

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Alfa_Japan said:
**** GTV2000 already figured out my identity. GTV2000 are we the only 2 persons heavily interested in this obscure piece of Alfa history? :confused:
You are not alone....!!

I like Alfa buses as well (together with the old Alfa trucks).

I have a copy of a autobus 900 user manual somewhere if I find it that I'd be happy to swap for a copy of something similar....

also have several Romeo van publications, ambulance brochures, user manuals etc

we must be a crazy species of people - my dream is to restore an old Alfa 430 or similar to old glory.....:rolleyes:

88 Verde
85 GTV6
67 GTV
(and neglected in a barn but not forgotten: Romeo2 bus)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Fritzi, good to hear GTV2000 and I are not alone. I would be happy to swap items for 900A Autobus user manual and ambulance brochures. Seeing your reply I think I have quite some stuff which might interest you. Swapping scans is better than paying a fortune every time again. Let me know if you're interested.

By the way if you're dream is to restore a 430 truck I've found something very close. A 900 tanker truck waiting in Italy for salvation. Unfortunately I don't know how to add a picture to this message. There was no selling address, but the pictures look great.

·
Registered
237 Posts
dretceterini said:
Gila makes any number of interesting Italian busses and trucks, but as as far as I am aware, no trolleys. The do show palns for an Alfa trolley on their website. http://gulpmodel.interfree.it/img/gilaa.jpg
The bus (no trolley) is already available (the Gulp model page's last update was 2003...):

Price ~400 Euros. I've seen the model, it's a sheer beauty.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dinky boy, as you can expect from an Alfa Romeo bus freak as I am the Gila scale model is in my collection. Indeed a sheer beaut. The body of the original bus (which drove in Rome) is made by SIAI Marchetti who are also known for their airplanes with Alfa Romeo engines

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
MALDI said:
Here is a small contribution to the effort: an ad from 1940 for a natural gas powered Alfa Romeo bus. Looks like the model posted by Dinky Boy.
As Alfa_Japan mentioned, the model represents a SIAI-Marchetti-bodied bus Tipo 140 from Rome, a post-war model, albeit very similar to the pre-war Tipo 110.

The ad for the methan-powered 110AM shows instead a 1940, "Vistotal"-type (i.e. pillarless) bodied by Macchi for the Milan net.

:cool:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Having written an article about Alfa Romeo advertising in 'Het Klaverblaadje' I realized that one of the ads was from 'Tubocar'. After 0,29 secs Google found some interesting links.

This site, with some difficult navigating, but with plenty details and pictures.

And this forum thread Mostly trucks, you have to register to see loads of pics.

Maybe it's no new information, but you can find more with this Google-search

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Alfa_Japan said:
Fritzi, good to hear GTV2000 and I are not alone. I would be happy to swap items for 900A Autobus user manual and ambulance brochures. Seeing your reply I think I have quite some stuff which might interest you. Swapping scans is better than paying a fortune every time again. Let me know if you're interested.

By the way if you're dream is to restore a 430 truck I've found something very close. A 900 tanker truck waiting in Italy for salvation. Unfortunately I don't know how to add a picture to this message. There was no selling address, but the pictures look great.

Ronald - I am very interested in swapping materials. I actually had thought for a long time to make a website about alfa commercials and just collect material and let other people post their stuff....

Not to hijack your thread but what about the 900 tanker in Italy - is it the yellow one that was on ebay.it some time ago??? I completely missed it and would love to see pictures.
I sent you a private message with my email address.

great thread !!!

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
For those of you who have access to German magazines I can recommend to find the "Last & Kraft" magazine from April 2006. A really explicit article about buses in the Varese area in Italy. Many pictures of Alfa buses I haven't seen before. Last & Kraft magazine is a magazine for old truck and bus enthusiasts in Germany.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.