Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want to spread the word that CSRG (The Classic Sports Racing Group) has decided to make Alfa Romeo the featured mark for its annual first event April 9, 10, and 11 at Infineon Raceway in Sonoma California. Details to follow, but there will be an All Alfa featured race and display of significant and special Alfa Romeo race and street cars. Later model Alfas (post 1967) that are not normally eligible for CSRG events are welcome (but must be approved ahead of time) for this special weekend celebrating the 100th anniversary of Alfa Romeo. Mark your calendars! Also, there is a mini-course, half day driver's school on Friday before the race weekend for anyone who's ever wanted to get into vintage racing. This is a great way to get started and then enter your first race or even dust off the old race car and come back out again. Check Racing with CSRG often for more info.
CSRG is an all volunteer vintage racing club and I'm helping out with spreading the word about all of our great races, especially this one. Please tell any Alfa fans out there to mark their calendar and/or get their vintage racer ready for what promises to be a fantastic weekend.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Wow this is really cool. I'll mark the calender.

Will

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
Martin,

Do you think us So Cal guys come up with our 2 liter GTV's and Supers? Who at CSRG will we have to contact for approval?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Anthony, the exact class specs haven't been set yet but I think it looks promising. When Sid Gage and I petitioned the CSRG board for a special Alfa freature event, that was the idea; to allow later cars and get a much bigger all Alfa field. John Norman is working on it too. We won't know for sure until early Jan, but again it does look promising. How many guys do you think would come north?

Martin

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
I looked at CSRG's rules and safety requirements. I think my Milano may qualify! I wonder if AR4me will enter too. I tried looking for the entry fee, couldn't find it. What is the typical fee for the race weekend? I honestly prefer to drive at Laguna, but racing in an all Alfa field would be cool too!

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
Anthony, the exact class specs haven't been set yet but I think it looks promising. When Sid Gage and I petitioned the CSRG board for a special Alfa freature event, that was the idea; to allow later cars and get a much bigger all Alfa field. John Norman is working on it too. We won't know for sure until early Jan, but again it does look promising. How many guys do you think would come north?

Martin
Right now 5 guys from our shop are interested.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Entry fees and all other info will be posted to the site in early Jan. Right now it's just a Save the Date.

·
Premium Member
23,728 Posts
Patrick, CSRG stopped doing lunchtime tours 7-8 years ago. ARA used to do them regularly at CSRG events, but I think liability and insurance concerns put an end to it.
Pete Lewis in ARA/CSRG was the liaison and maybe he can speak to it if someone contacts him; I don't think he's on this forum.
Andrew

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Patrick, Andrew and all,

Stay tuned on this subject. The plan is to include a lunchtime track tour for Alfa Romeo street cars on that weekend. Details to follow.

Sid

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I will be at this event with camera in hand, perhaps even 2 of them :D . I can't wait.

Will

·
Premium Member
3,275 Posts
Sid,

It's all in Glenn's hands! I, however, have already paid my 2010 CSRG dues, and need to find out how I'm going to take part in the clinic without owning a race car - I wonder if my street car will do? A Subaru Legacy GT wagon - blasphemy!!! It is fast, though.

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Inviting Alfa Romeo Vintage Racers and Friends

Alfa Romeo will be the featured marque for a weekend of vintage racing on April 9-11, 2010 at Infineon Raceway, Sears Point, Sonoma CA, organized by CSRG (the Classic Sports Racing Group.) In addition to a full slate of CSRG race groups the weekend will include all-Alfa Romeo feature races, an Alfa Romeo display and corral in the paddock, and a lunchtime track parade of non-racing Alfa Romeos.

CSRG invites guest participants from other vintage-racing clubs to join us for this special weekend celebrating the 100th anniversary of Alfa Romeo. Guest Alfa Romeos are invited up through 1972 point-in-time provided that they conform to the requirements of their home vintage-racing club, and subject to CSRG approval. (Wings, slicks, and tube-framed production cars--except TZs--are not acceptable.)

CSRG is a not-for-profit membership organization founded in 1968 and dedicated to the appreciation, preservation and use of vintage cars in a racing environment. Check csrgracing.org for more info and entry requirements.

Mark your calendars, tell your friends, and start prepping your cars. Three months can go by fast.

Sid Gage
Giulietta Spider #58
San Francisco

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Registration is open

Registration is now open for the CSRG Alfa Romeo Centenario Celebration
Infineon Raceway, Sears Point, Sonoma CA
April 9 - 11, 2010

Alfa Romeo vintage racers are invited to register now for this historic weekend of vintage racing. Information and on-line registration are available on the Classic Sports Racing Group web site, CSRG Schedule.

CSRG invites guest participants from other vintage-racing clubs to join us for this special weekend celebrating the 100th anniversary of Alfa Romeo. Guest Alfa Romeos are invited up through 1972 point-in-time preparation, provided that they conform to the requirements of their home vintage-racing club, and subject to CSRG approval. (Wings, slicks, and tube-framed production cars--except TZs--are not acceptable.) Please note that the County-mandated sound limit for the weekend is 101 dB.

Guest entrants, in addition to registering on line (or by mail), should also download two things from the web page: http://csrgracing.org/forms/CSRGApril2010GuestAlfaGuidelines.pdf and  http://csrgracing.org/forms/CSRGApril2010GuestAlfaSpecs.rtf. The information sheet should be filled out and returned as requested.

The weekend will feature all-Alfa Romeo vintage races in addition to a full slate of CSRG race groups, plus an Alfa Romeo display and corral in the paddock, and a lunchtime track parade of non-racing Alfa Romeos.

CSRG is a not-for-profit membership organization founded in 1968 and dedicated to the appreciation, preservation and use of vintage cars in a racing environment.

For questions or additional information feel free to contact me.

Sid Gage
Giulietta Spider #58
San Francisco

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Your Milano will certainly qualify for the Alfa Parade laps and that plus $20 ticket at the gate gets you a full day of watching great vintage racing, paddock level parking and Alfa owners casual reception Sat late afternoon. If you have an older Alfa that is race prepared, it's $500 for the race weekend and includes a practice and a race each day.
Hope to see you there.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
I looked at CSRG's rules and safety requirements. I think my Milano may qualify! I wonder if AR4me will enter too. I tried looking for the entry fee, couldn't find it. What is the typical fee for the race weekend? I honestly prefer to drive at Laguna, but racing in an all Alfa field would be cool too!
Franklin,

Why did you use my post? Just strange that you used it.

I may join the parade laps. I don't know why the Milano's cannot join the race group. It's already a 23 year old car. I can't imagine that an all Alfa field would be that big. Besides, it would be interesting to see how the superior transaxle 116 cars would fare againts the older 105/115 cars ;)

But the rules are the rules.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts