Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts
The "Stradale" is their commuter bike and is the least expensive of their line. Based on the design of the head tube / down tube junction, I'm not sure I'd want to get the Stradale up to high speed. High speed stability of a bicycle depends on the strength of the front area of the frame and, since the top tube does not meet the head tube, makes it the weakest point of the Stradale's frame.

Now for their high end racing bike capable of any speed see their 8C Competizione! It even has Campagnolo wheels as do many 4-wheeled Alfas.:D

Attachments

·
Registered
620 Posts
who actually makes these?

The "Stradale" is their commuter bike and is the least expensive of their line. Based on the design of the head tube / down tube junction, I'm not sure I'd want to get the Stradale up to high speed. High speed stability of a bicycle depends on the strength of the front area of the frame and, since the top tube does not meet the head tube, makes it the weakest point of the Stradale's frame.

Now for their high end racing bike capable of any speed see their 8C Competizione! It even has Campagnolo wheels as do many 4-wheeled Alfas.:D
I could not tell from the link in the previous thread who actually makes these bikes. For example, Colnago makes a limited edition "Ferrari" bike. Is there an actual bike maker with some history behind these Alfa bikes?

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts
I searched for a while but could only find this - "...designed directly by the Centro Stile Alfa Romeo and manufactured in Italy by master craftsmen, using cutting-edge technology component parts."

While it doesn't nail down a maker, at least it means they haven't farmed them out to Taiwan like many makers have done. Even Colnago has their entry levels models made in Taiwan.:eek:

·
Registered
620 Posts
Thanks ShadeTree. It would be interesting to see how the "8c" does in side-by-side comparisons with other high end bikes.

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts
Funny you should say that. I was, literally, nearly crippled by my old Litespeed.

I had ridden the Litespeed for several years when it developed a sudden and severe shimmy on a fast descent (50+). I had taken that bike down many fast descents before and had never had a problem. Just as I clamped the top tube with my knees , the front wheel decided to buckle. The last thing I remember was my weight lifting from the saddle.

I was flown to the nearest trauma center 70 miles away where it was found that I had fractured my C1, C2, C7 and crushed my T6. I'm very lucky to be walking, much less alive!

I now ride a Colnago Dream B-Stay that I got through my team back in 2002. It's such a sweet ride! I haven't raced in several years but it's nice to get out with friends and put on some miles.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts