Alfa Romeo Forums banner

601 - 620 of 634 Posts

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Is the Blue Meanie on here? Not sure.
Anyway, it rides again, well over 500K miles. A fast and fun car.
Though many GTV6's come and go in my my life, this one is MINE!

Attachments

·
Registered
215 Posts
Here's some pic's after a little polish and wax. That's the original italian factory paint.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
Is the Blue Meanie on here? Not sure.
Anyway, it rides again, well over 500K miles. A fast and fun car.
Though many GTV6's come and go in my my life, this one is MINE!
Hey Glenn, is the left pic recent? Is your Montreal on the road?

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Hey Bill, Ya, Monti is running. Broke the steering box though.

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
Hey Bill, Ya, Monti is running. Broke the steering box though.
That's great! (not about the steering box though, is it circulating ball like the old GTVs?) How does is compare fun driving-wise to your cherished GTV6s?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Just picked up this 1986 GTV6

Don't know much about the history. Some rough areas of rust that I look forward to sorting.

Will tune it up just enough to drive for the rest of this season. Then I will do a major tear down during this coming winter.

Struggling to find a radiator. Will probably have one custom fabbed.

ZARAA6698F1006888

Tearing down the front of the engine for cooling system work, timing belt tensioner & belt replacement. I also removed the A/C compressor since the previous owners have hacked up the system. I will be replacing with some sort of retrofit after I learn more about what you guys are running as replacements.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello from Denmark :)

This is my widebody GTV6 from 1983.

Build as widebody from new, after the first owners wishes... and now after several years of "bad compagny", i'm now trying to bring it back to glory.

The engine is 3,0 Busso with different midifications, and I have bought a complete RSR (Nurburg) spring/dampers/brakes etc. and Powerflex to fit over the winther.

Pic. number 2 is so that you can see the diffence from my otherwise identical serie 1 Alfetta GTV from 1977!

Best regards

Jacob

Attachments

Reactions: chinocapuchino

·
Registered
377 Posts
To Yendel and F1Tommy: just now tried to add to more '6's to the registry (ZARAA6690B1001226 - a black over tan 1981, build-plate says 03/1981, in NY NY USA, and ZARAA6693E1006089, a red over black 1984) but see that the Registry has been corrupted (at least my own ZARAA669B1001531 is most definitely not a 1985, and for what should be my '1531 (I entered this info early on myself) lists ZAR1166900 0006503.

I don't have the skill/knowledge to make the needed corrections and don't know what other entries might be corrupted - a bunch I think as many '6's listed as 1981 have waaay too high VIN's.

or am I missing something fundamental/easy here?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hello, everyone. Mine is an '83 metallic black over silver.
VIN ZARAA6693D1005130, born in May of 1983.

First_wash.JPG

I owned this car from 1989-1991 and, recently, during one of my periodic Craigslist cruises I saw it for sale. A quick visit convinced me it needed to be brought back home, so we could resume the relationship. So, I am the 2nd and 5th owner. Interestingly, it was almost unchanged from its condition 21 years ago -- 5k more miles, but all of the upgrades and little mods I'd done were still evident. Even the tires I had bought just prior to selling it were still mounted (and, I believe, have become flat-spotted from sitting)!

It wouldn't start, and the owner gave me a sketchy story of it just stopping one day and he claimed he would give it a try every few months, to no avail. However, it hasn't been registered since 2006, so I suspect he was spinning a yarn that he thought would make the car more attractive. No matter, I had already made up my mind.

It needed a new fuel tank, pump, filter and thorough cleaning of the fuel return line banjo (at the tank), then promptly started. Working on brake issues and running lights, and am a happy camper.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Right hand drive in the USA!

Here's mine - 1983 - ZAR116C0003003157

I bought it in the UK in 87 from original owner and was it my daily commute for 8 years. I did a full glass out, bare metal restoration around 96. In 97 I moved to the US for a couple of years and couldn't bare to part with it so put the car in storage - great place in UK called TigaStor. Anyway, long story short, 17 years later we're still in the US! Finally made the decision to ship the Alfa over - it was no longer running but still looked great. Got it going and shipped it. Spent last year doing full mechanical overhaul - everything made of rubber on the car is new, all new brake components, new clutch, shocks! It's completely stock except for new poly bushings, C&B cams, CSC headers, front sections and straight through middle section and rear Ansa. It sounds amazing. Interior is very sharp, completely original. Love the car, probably keep it forever.

Now turning my attention to a 1960 Touring 2000 Spider which is in mid-restoration and I've just bought a 59 Giulietta spider racer that is a basketcase and next in line!

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Thanks for the listings.

I don't see mine listed here yet, so I'll add it:
1982 GTV6 Balocco SE #77 - ZARAA6690C1004077.
Believed to have been purchased new in CA. Made its way East to WI and MI where it was an enthusiast's track car. Roll cage is no longer in it. Suspension and brakes are upgraded. New 2.5L engine was installed. Original engine remains with the car. Last owned in Napierville, IL. Still free of any rust. I bought it in October 2013 and have enjoyed it here in upstate NY.

·
Registered
28 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
1982 GTV6 Balocco #114

I have my GTV6 for about 2 years now and have been slowly cleaning up all the neglect she had from previous owners (no idea of the history or which owner I am) I have changed out the original interior and rug since they were done! I replaced it with an interior from 85 which was in good condition and had black carpet. I fixed much of the wiring and now all the lights work on the car, again prior owner was a hack! I have also changed out the exhaust from front to back which included getting a new dual Ansa tip, which I welded on myself. I did very little welding in my life and none needed to be clean, but this car is making me much better. Currently I’m changing out all the couplings/ flex joint on the drive shaft as well as the motor mounts and rear support housing (mine had a crack across one side?!) I pulled the engine from the car to change out the seals on the bottom of the engine and that when I found the crack in the aluminum rear support housing, how that cracked along the top edge still doesn’t make sense to me since the force is downwards and this crack is long the top. I have also acquired a Milano AC compressor as my York had a seized clutch. Add in a newly remanufactured alternator and some other odds and ends and I am still looking at a long to-do list for this car, but for now I will just enjoy the wonderful sound and ride from this classic car.

Attachments

·
Registered
590 Posts
I first posted this car in 2009 I have upgraded the engine to a 3lt changed the wheels and painted the car I use it as a daily driver so it needed a freshen up
The engine is from a verde the wheels from a 156 the transaxle has alfa75ratios and the paint is AR501 it was AR530 it's not exactly original but the car is greatly improved in both looks and performance

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
My GTV6

Hi

I purchased this car about a month ago and love it. Completely stock but that may change over the years. Time for me to sell my spider!

Vin: ZARAA6694F1006659

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Are you looking for vin numbers all over the world or only us versions. We have sold 2 us version gtv6's from the Netherlands. One (this was a very good rolling body without vin) went to Latvia and the other was a British registrated gtv6 which went also to Latvia.

At this moment we are stripping 2 us version gtv6's which had Dutch registration. If you would like these vin numbers please let us know.

601 - 620 of 634 Posts