Alfa Romeo Forums banner

581 - 600 of 635 Posts

·
--ADMINISTRATOR--chiuso per ferie
12,604 Posts

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Wow, well done. Bravo!! Does my heart good to see someone stick to a dream and realize it.
THAT is a very Fine Car.

·
Registered
47 Posts
GTV6s Worldwide?

A very interesting thread. There will be a lot more than 214 GTV6s out there I'm sure.

It's fascinating to see the cars from around the globe, especially the variety of original and modified GTV6s.

Here in New Zealand I believe 64 GTV6s were sold new. There have been a few imported from the UK and Australia, but the numbers surviving in total are unknown. I can think of 14 GTV6s without stretching the grey matter too much.

Does the Storico Alfa have the info on the numbers sold on different markets? USA? Australia?

Cheers
Mike

1987 GTV6
1996 145 1.7QV

·
Registered
110 Posts
Mike- I'd like to believe there are more cut there :). There must be....??

·
Registered
164 Posts
Has anyoe started a list on this or we just go by the thread on 40 pages? If not, I am starting one. Would like to know not to waist too much effort recreating the wheel.

If anyone has started a list, please let us know. Or at least me if the rest are aware.

Thanks
Steve

·
Registered
164 Posts
Ok, Ok I see the spreadsheet above :)

Has anyoe started a list on this or we just go by the thread on 40 pages? If not, I am starting one. Would like to know not to waist too much effort recreating the wheel.

If anyone has started a list, please let us know. Or at least me if the rest are aware.

Thanks
Steve

·
Registered
45 Posts
Here's my 1984 GTV6.
Build date: 04/84

I bought her from HMA back in September. It's my first Alfa and I love it. She's a little rough around the edges cosmetically speaking, but she runs like a top thanks to Glenn!

Attachments

·
Registered
307 Posts
Another Survivor

Purchased: Feb 2013 from California
Manufactured Date: Aug 1985

·
Registered
10 Posts
I’ve got one too, which makes me very lucky. Purchased may 2012 as a standard car from British based GTV6 expert Alex Jupe ( Alex Jupe Motorsport | Alfa Romeo GTV6 / 75 / SZ / Giulia 105 servicing, restoration, tuning, & cars for sale ), the plan was always, to improve the car in stages. The first step was getting Alex to fit and set up the brilliant Nurburgring developed RS suspension kit. The result has completely transformed the car, it’s now beautifully balanced and so controllable on the limit as track days at the Nurburgring and Spa ably demonstrated. However, it also highlighted the need for better brakes, which we've addressed with the fitting of bigger Brembo front calipers and discs at the front and new standard calipers and discs at the rear. The car now handles and stops, so the next step is to address the power, and to this end I’ve bought a 3ltr, which funds permitting, Alex will fettle and fit this coming winter.[/ATTACH]

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
That's a great-looking GTV6 (is there any other kind?!), Kramsenyah!

To those who have recently added there Alfetta GTV6s to this list: I am trying to gather as much information on GTV6 'survivors' as possible (see the spreadsheet below). To that end, using this forum plus others, I've got up to 224 GTV6s left around the world. Please could I ask you to add to them?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ao89ux0FZjFUdEw0MmZoRnFMSi1jRERUN2hSaWNJSFE&hl=en#gid=0

If you are willing to have your car added but need assistance with entering the details, please post your information here and I'll do it for you.

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Another South African GTV6 3.0!

I've been passed these by a third-party to post on here:

VIN ZAR 116 C003500865
Car no 206 out of 208 built (the number '206' is punched on the front pulley)

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Here's another one. My 1985 GTV-6 with 36,900 miles on it. As you can see, beautiful condition, no rust anywhere. Runs very well, has a newly rebuilt transmission. Originally from New Mexico. Now my summer- only car in Ohio. Goes into storage September 26! By the way, VIN is ZARAA6690F1006920.

Attachments

·
Registered
209 Posts
Here's mine. Currently "Under Construction" in Hungary (hopefully will follow me back to the states)

·
Premium Member
16,166 Posts
Heavymetal

"paid $500 to save it from the crusher...I've put over 100,000 miles on it, it has approx 250,000 miles total"

I'm always amazed/shocked just how quick and willing some are to part out and crush these quite usable cars. This is proof that not all are ready for the crusher. Thanks for keeping them running.

BTW, really nice garage!! Will absolutely have to visit next time we are in Cornish.

·
Registered
215 Posts
It's been a few years since I sold my '86 GTV6, but an '85 has crept back into my life. It's a rust free california car. Manual sunroof, tan leather, AC. The biggest attraction is the fact it has the original italian paint. This car has never had any body work done to it. It's totally straight.

ZAR AA 6694F 1006774

It polished out really nicely

Bring a trailer...the only way to but an Alfa

Which is ironic. The rear trailer tire exploded in Salinas on Hwy 101. Uhaul couldn't fix it until the next day. So we rolled the Alfa off the trailer and drove it home. The Alfa made it home under its own power, but the trailer didn't. It was left in Salinas, CA.

Attachments

581 - 600 of 635 Posts