Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
There must be some really good reasons why I shouldnt buy one......someone tell me a few.....please....quickly.
Here's a few:

• No carburettors!
  • Got lots of electronic helper stuff!
  • Not a real Alfa!
  • Has one of those newfangled weird independent suspension things in the back! What's wrong with live rear axles?
  • Un-manly paddle shifters instead of a a real stick!
  • It's a Fiat with a Maserati engine, for chrissake!
  • Gearbox between the rear wheels. Sheesh. Can't they come up with something new?
  • 470Nm torque? Bah. A diesel Passat has more twist than that!
  • The gearbox has at least one speed too much. The 105's managed with only a five speed!
  • It's a rebadged Ferrari!
  • It's a rebadged Maserati!
  • It's a rebadged Fiat!
  • The wheels are ugly!
  • The Russian M3 dude probably doesn't like it!
  • Too few colours. I want it in chameleon white with blue Ford GT-stripes!
Someone will also no doubt, at one point, find out it's a rebadged Skoda as well, and that the 8C really should've had a Northstar engine, but I'll leave those arguments to someone else :rolleyes:

TWAJS

·
Registered
428 Posts
:mad:
There must be some really good reasons why I shouldnt buy one......someone tell me a few.....please....quickly.
There are a few.

cons
The engine comes from Maserati.
The suspension system comes from Maserati.
The chassis is an old steel Maserati item.

pros
-There are two Alfa Romeo badges, one at the front and the other at the back.
-It has a carbon body but this is common place with today's technology.

As for the design, the car is overly "retro" proving that there are no new ideas in Fiat left. I have seen the Spider version at close and i was dissapointed. Actually the (Brera) Spider is a lot more beautiful. 8C's interior also is quite "kitch". But this is personal taste.

http://www.alfasport.net/public/upload/Articolo8CGismondiinterni_2.jpg

If i had the money i would certainly buy a Ferrari. Cars built with passion and technology derived from motorsports!
I would stay away from any clones.

As a comparison the new Corvette Z06 has a hydroformed aluminium/magnesium chassis and body made of carbon and kevlar.
That's enough with poor Fiat's marketing.... They only try to deceit Alfisti people by building a Maserati clone with an overly retro "Alfa" body... :mad:

·
Registered
847 Posts

There are a few.

cons
The engine comes from Maserati.
The suspension system comes from Maserati.
The chassis is an old steel Maserati item.

pros
-There are two Alfa Romeo badges, one at the front and the other at the back.

If i had the money i would certainly buy a Ferrari. Cars built with passion and technology derived from motorsports!
I would stay away from any clones.
The engine comes from ferrari, but I love this old logic that's been floating around for awhile...Ferrari sends them to Masi, who then sends them to Alfa.. I would love to see this proven..? ;)

After seeing probably the best ever documentary on Ferrari's factory.. You can see the relationship between Ferrari and Masi is a lot closer then Identity Independent people would stand for.. how dare they? Dont they know they rivaled one another in the 60's?! heh time to wake up and get into the new millennium.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if the 8C is constructed either directly in Maranello's plant, or in Alfa's own plant.

I guess Audi's R10 (if they can make one that doesnt catch on fire) will go from Lambo to Audi.. but maybe it'll make a stop somewhere inbetween as well? heh

But get it straight, the 8C was developed by Alfa Romeo. It was assisted in using stuff from Masi/Ferrari to become a reality.

And lastly, you forgot two badges... steering wheel, on the intake plenum/runners. that makes 4 total.. haha

back.
As a comparison the new Corvette Z06 has a hydroformed aluminium/magnesium chassis and body made of carbon and kevlar.
:rolleyes: lol. So common I can count all of...4? Production vehicles made with a carbon body...? and that includes a car from 13 years ago.
Let's make sure I got them all... probably not.

Enzo
Bugatti Veyron
McLaren F1
I don't think you can consider the Koenigsegg-ccx or the Pagani Zonda production vehicles.. at least not here in the States. :) Nor the Saleen S7. The Z06 has carbon bumpers... that's not really a carbon body now is it? heh.

I think the word used should be UN-common. and I could be wrong but with a production run of 500? maybe more? wouldnt that be the highest production run of a carbon bodied car...ever?

Further more, all of those "common" cars have one "common" thing....
They're all over $600,000, well except the 8C, but its down a couple hundred HP... but it looks beautiful. and the 599 does not.

·
Registered
309 Posts
It would certainly be near the top of my list if I didn't have better uses for $200K. I've ridden in a new Maserati that was being throttled pretty hard and that engine sound had me smiling for week. I have to believe it will sound just as good in the Alfa. The 8C's styling has some hints of the Ferrari 250 GTO which works for me. The only thing besides price that would hold me back is the lack of a traditional stick shift.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thanks for the thoughts and info guys.....now.......hands up who doesnt want to come for a spin around a mountain road early one morning:D:D:D
Seriously guys, I asked my wife if I could have one and she said yes:D. I then told her the price TCL provided:eek: The dream ends....but apparently mazda makes one exactly the same.....geeesh :confused::confused: all is lost.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts