Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got from reliable source that NY area Ferrari dealers got a look of Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione and Maserati Gran Turismo and test drove them.
Alfa disappeared after that in hiding !!!! may be 2008 at last.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I got from reliable source that NY area Ferrari dealers got a look of Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione and Maserati Gran Turismo and test drove them.
How exiting!! I have a feeling the car will achieve many awards. Cant wait to see one in person.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
uhh.. The US spec 8C dropped in to Detroit a month ago.. Detroit of all places. :) Talk about laying down the gauntlet..? Too bad we're only getting 99...

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/07/31/alfa-romeo-returns-8c-competizione-in-america-in-2008/

There's videos of it driving around at this unveiling as well.
We talked to a few Alfa customers at Meadow Brook- they were invited to buy one via Maserati and Alfa Romeo. The one guy we met was really nice, and very excited about owning one.

But for 2008?? No way- they've got a LOT of paperwork yet to finish via the EPA and DOT. I think a 2009 model is very realistic, though.

Eric

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
You can find a lot of pictures of the 8C at the AROC convention web site: www.motorcityalfa2007.org. The car was shown at the AROC Concours and the Meadowbrook Concours (Aug 4-5)...

Best regards,

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
We talked to a few Alfa customers at Meadow Brook- they were invited to buy one via Maserati and Alfa Romeo. The one guy we met was really nice, and very excited about owning one.

But for 2008?? No way- they've got a LOT of paperwork yet to finish via the EPA and DOT. I think a 2009 model is very realistic, though.

Eric
Eric,
It's possible that the Alfa customer you spoke with was Barry Cross, from the Delaware Valley chapter (he was driving his Maserati at the convention). He's definitely a decent guy, and very excited about being #40 something on the list for the 8C. With any luck, I'll get to see an 8C again in my lifetime ;), but if I were Barry, I wouldn't let me in the driver's seat:D
Jim

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Eric,
It's possible that the Alfa customer you spoke with was Barry Cross, from the Delaware Valley chapter (he was driving his Maserati at the convention). He's definitely a decent guy, and very excited about being #40 something on the list for the 8C. With any luck, I'll get to see an 8C again in my lifetime ;), but if I were Barry, I wouldn't let me in the driver's seat:D
Jim
Could be- my dad talked to him for a long time, but I'm super bad with names.

Eric

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Just like this one in Detroit??!!:eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
Any truth to the rumor that the West Coast (Seattle/Tacoma) area already has a few new Alfas registered and sold? The story was that the Boeing/ Alitalia deal made that happen.

No 8C here however. I heard that it was more likely 147, 159 and Brera.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
$212,000.00 !!! I couldn't afford the one they have to crash test for the DOT crash certification.

·
--ADMINISTRATOR--chiuso per ferie
12,604 Posts
Any truth to the rumor that the West Coast (Seattle/Tacoma) area already has a few new Alfas registered and sold? The story was that the Boeing/ Alitalia deal made that happen.

No 8C here however. I heard that it was more likely 147, 159 and Brera.
That's probably because there are some Alitalia employees or pilots in the country. They can bring them in and use them, but the cars will probably have to go when they leave. Most likely, they will leave as cargo on the new planes.

·
Registered
847 Posts
This might be a good place to ask, some knowledgeable guideline kinda folks in here.. ;)

Can this be the final US Spec car as-is? I dont see any rear turn signals *That can be seen from profile (I thought this was the standard now?), nor running lights, they cleverly mounted the front turn signals though within the main headlamp assembly...

Anyways, something ive been wondering, but i honestly dont know too much about US Reg's.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I think it has some small orange turn signals in the side vents, just a little round ball. I'm not sure if it otherwise has all the necessary kit. It may need to gain some small red side marker turn signal lights at the rear. I thought my car (which has similar lights at the rear) doesn't have them but it does.

Also, I have some pictures of the US spec Audi R8 and it does have little orange spears and red rear ones on its side that aren't on most of the cars you see online.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Good news ...........

"http://www.motorauthority.com/news/convertibles/alfa-romeo-8c-spider-confirmed-for-2009-launch/"

·
Registered
7,166 Posts

·
Premium Member
1972 Montreal. 2019 Giulia ti Sport. 2019 Stelvio ti Lusso.
1,549 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
That 8C is one of the few modern cars that I really find aesthetically pleasing.....I mean it's really kinda gorgeous.... :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts