Alfa Romeo Forums banner

161 - 180 of 736 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
RussianM3_dude said:
Yes, you are right, except that the new Alfa engines are still rubbish. They just don't want to rev, don't sound very nice and are very linear.
You could believe this only if every single review thus far of the new engines have stated the EXACT opposite of this save the last remark since some have said they lack that top end non-linear feel of the "classic" engines.. But every single review has said the engines both feel and sound like an Alfa, and are quite the contrary to rubbish... again.. be careful what you believe from this guy..

·
Banned
868 Posts
HenryKrinkle said:
You could believe this only if every single review thus far of the new engines have stated the EXACT opposite of this save the last remark since some have said they lack that top end non-linear feel of the "classic" engines.. But every single review has said the engines both feel and sound like an Alfa, and are quite the contrary to rubbish... again.. be careful what you believe from this guy..
I heard the 147 GTA engine and the Brera 3.2. My honest opinion, the new engine is not even close. As for revving, it is embarrasing, the response to the gas pedal is geriatric.

If anybody is ever in Fribourg, Switzerland, I will be more then happy to demonstrate what a responsive engine should be like.

·
Registered
362 Posts
New Engine Old Engine

I agree. The new engines are a bit rubbish. What kind of power and performance can you really get from a 4 cylinder. How can we even try to compete with 6 cylinders and below. Before Fiat, it was 6 cylinders and above (8C etc..) I still have the promotional ad where they vou never to build 4 cylinders engines and try to call them performance cars. Its that kind of manufacuring that give the Honda Civic rights to bragg. :(

·
Banned
868 Posts
4 cylinder engines are ok, if they are good engines.

I just heard a 156 2.5 V6 gunning it today and the sound was gorgeous.

Journos who say the new Alfa engines have the Alfa sound, never heard an Alfa engine to begin with.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
To me, the 8C's interior looks a little too futuristic for a car with such classic exterior lines. If you ask me, the 8C should have had something that looked more like the interior of the original Brera concept car. I like the interior of the 159/Brera but don't like the fact that Alfa is using nearly the same interior and front end design on two different cars.

·
Registered
80 Posts
AlfaEricWashDC said:
No way should GM provide the engines. I love my country but leave the car stuff to the italians. Youll end up with what happened to Jaguar, Mercedes, and Aston Martin. Even though its not in the US currently, Alfa Romeo is one of the last pure breedz in the US. I thought they were getting an engine from Ferrari. The same V8 in the Maserati.

I dont just like the badge on the front and rear. I like the whole car. Once the Americas get their hands on it they will do what they always do. Make cars simular like with all american cars. Name one American car that doesnt have a 'suto' twin of a different name but same manufacturer. Hell the Jaguar S tyep is the Tourus. Now Mercedes (which i dont like anway) :mad: looks like Chrystlers. Go figure.
I think you are wildly off. What happened to Jaguar was that it gathered billions of dollars in budget accessfrom the Ford buyout. The firm was dying in the 1980s and needed a buyout, like the rest of the British motor industry. You know how many technical problems were found in a typical Jaguar sedan? It was the worst European luxury car on the market. With added resources from Ford, it crafted new vehicles and revived the XK line. Sadly, Jaguar has never been a winner in the past three decades.

Aston-Martin has done well, moving up from its usual five-hundred-vehicles-per-year closer to its five thousand projection thanks to its parent company's funds. Thanks to Ford, Aston-Martin was able to grow exponentially and move itself back into the forefront of grand touring with the DB7, the V-12 Vanquish, and the new V-8 Vantage. One should also mention that Land Rover was owned by BMW, and the company lost billions of it. Ford is now profiting from its own work with Land Rovers.

Mercedes-Benz was part of Daimler-Benz, now merged with Chrysler. If anything, Mercedes has prospered. It does not use any Chrysler engines, but its own. In fact, Chryslers borrow heavily from Benzes. Mercedes moved back into the sporty market with the SLK, CLK-GTM, and the SLR, not to exclude the AMG products.

Work on the grammar. I don't see how Benzes look like Chryslers. The longer nose gas given them a sporty look instead of the stale one they have had since the 1970s.

·
Registered
80 Posts
As for the 8C, it would be a terrible shame if its didn't make it Stateside. AutoWeek reported Alfa-Romeo's US launch from '09 to 2010. The writer's conclusion is that the 8C will never hit these shores. If it did, it'd cost $200,000--or more than a Gallardo or an F430. Alfa's goal is to tackle BMW and Audi, but its current vehicles have a lot to take on. Sports Car International has had high praise for the Alfas it has tested, and it's not know for leniency.

·
Banned
868 Posts
FerrariJoe said:
I think you are wildly off. What happened to Jaguar was that it gathered billions of dollars in budget accessfrom the Ford buyout. The firm was dying in the 1980s and needed a buyout, like the rest of the British motor industry. You know how many technical problems were found in a typical Jaguar sedan? It was the worst European luxury car on the market. With added resources from Ford, it crafted new vehicles and revived the XK line. Sadly, Jaguar has never been a winner in the past three decades.

Aston-Martin has done well, moving up from its usual five-hundred-vehicles-per-year closer to its five thousand projection thanks to its parent company's funds. Thanks to Ford, Aston-Martin was able to grow exponentially and move itself back into the forefront of grand touring with the DB7, the V-12 Vanquish, and the new V-8 Vantage. One should also mention that Land Rover was owned by BMW, and the company lost billions of it. Ford is now profiting from its own work with Land Rovers.

Mercedes-Benz was part of Daimler-Benz, now merged with Chrysler. If anything, Mercedes has prospered. It does not use any Chrysler engines, but its own. In fact, Chryslers borrow heavily from Benzes. Mercedes moved back into the sporty market with the SLK, CLK-GTM, and the SLR, not to exclude the AMG products.

Work on the grammar. I don't see how Benzes look like Chryslers. The longer nose gas given them a sporty look instead of the stale one they have had since the 1970s.
BMW owned Rover, not Land Rover. Apples and Oranges.

·
Banned
868 Posts
FerrariJoe said:
As for the 8C, it would be a terrible shame if its didn't make it Stateside. AutoWeek reported Alfa-Romeo's US launch from '09 to 2010. The writer's conclusion is that the 8C will never hit these shores. If it did, it'd cost $200,000--or more than a Gallardo or an F430. Alfa's goal is to tackle BMW and Audi, but its current vehicles have a lot to take on. Sports Car International has had high praise for the Alfas it has tested, and it's not know for leniency.
Wrong. It'll sell like hot cakes. People spend 100Gs to trick out a *** import in Cali. The entire production run of 430s is already sold out. 200Gs is nothing in the States. Just look at thousands of Billionaires they have. Just SoCal can absorb the entire planned production run of both the coupe and spider.

·
Registered
75 Posts
RussianM3_dude said:
BMW owned Rover, not Land Rover. Apples and Oranges.
Wrong, BMW owned Range Rover.

June 27th:
"I saw a lot of improvements in the quality and reliability of vehicles during the 5+ years I was a Land Rover Service Manager. The new generation Range Rover was introduced in 2003 and upgraded this year with Jaguar power plants. It's one example of the positive changes that Ford has made since it purchased the company from BMW. They've transformed the Range Rover into a modern SUV with the luxury features that drivers expect--without sacrificing its stellar off-road capabilities."

You are so full of ****, I just wish they would ban you. You say something negative, get proved wrong, and instead of apologising, you make some new negative comment up. You got a small penis or something? Could explain why you frequent a forum that NOONE likes you on, and make stories up just to upset people. I think my mother knows more about alfa romeos than you do, you ignorant IDIOT!

161 - 180 of 736 Posts