Alfa Romeo Forums banner

81 - 100 of 736 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,534 Posts
Damien,

I'm with you. Those are very nice wheels. In contrast, the ones on the new 8C spider look way too much like "Ricer" wheels. Am I the only one that doesn't like the recent trend to ever-larger diameter wheels?. These things make the cars look like cartoons... (just my opinion, flame away as desired...)

Damien_Ireland said:
I'm in love with those alloys there savage pieces of design, they suit the car down to the ground...

·
Registered
176 Posts
What I dont like is the engine bay... Its sooooo untidy compared to the F430 and the Maserati's... And I also think that the interior should have been a little more...racing.. take the new RS4 for example...

·
Registered
847 Posts
That engine bay is inexcusable.. It looks more cluttered then my gtv6, and it looks like they did nothing to make it look alfa owned.

Big shocker, all engine bays look untidy when you take off all their plastic bits, they just never added any to this car, thinking in alfa tradition of making the most beautiful looking engine bays, this is not acceptable.

Looking at the engine at different angles, it does look like it woulda been hard to cover a lof these untidy open areas, the engine is so low to the ground and recessed into the middle of the car, this car probably handles great though.. :p

Im pretty amazed at how much stuff youre seeing on this engine, its really just not right, especially when you look at the interior and exterior, just doesnt match. Id be afraid to show friends the engine bay of this car.. :p

What totally random car buyer would buy a Porsche over this car? Ok maybe a few but my god, if they dont make this car into production Alfa is just retarted.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
So what's the official word on this beauty? Will Alfa mass produce this model or will it be a limited-run vehicle (like the SZ cars of the early 90's)? Will it keep the Maserati engine or will Alfa scale it down the same way they scaled down the Brera and source the power from GM?

I've heard multiple answers to each question. Maybe someone here knows what the official word is?

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
There is a rumour for a limited edition with 1000 8c's.....it will cost 150/160000euro in Italy ...a little more expensive than a ferrari F430.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
sakiss said:
There is a rumour for a limited edition with 1000 8c's.....it will cost 150/160000euro in Italy ...a little more expensive than a ferrari F430.

150/160000 euros seems very unrealistic to me. Maseratis already use the same engine that the 8C has and none of them cost anywhere near 150/160000 euros. Also, if Alfa only produces 1000 8Cs, theres really no real draw among collectors who want exclusitivity since Ferarri (and plenty of other luxury car companies) already produce cars like the 8C in similarly low volumes.

I think in this case people will have to ask themselves whether or not it makes sense to buy an Alfa Romeo 8C over a Ferarri F430 when the Alfa is underpowered and, by name, carries much less prestige. In terms of styling, Alfa beats out the F430 completely...but will looks alone be enough to move the units???

I don't think so.

·
Registered
847 Posts
150000 euros for a carbon fibre bodied "supercar" is too much? If its still carbon fibre I cant see how you could argue this price, the merc slr is like 400-600k?

·
Registered
176 Posts
The 8C is going to be powered by the F430 engine with added bhp(>500)... Its going to have an all carbon fibre chassi... Dude even if I werent an Alfista I would choose the 8C over any other supercar without second, third, etc thoughts... Its a car that entered the hall of fame from the moment it was first shown... Its more than a car... Its the revival of the genuine Alfa spirit.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Mr.Vercetti said:
The 8C is going to be powered by the F430 engine with added bhp(>500)... Its going to have an all carbon fibre chassi... Dude even if I werent an Alfista I would choose the 8C over any other supercar without second, third, etc thoughts... Its a car that entered the hall of fame from the moment it was first shown... Its more than a car... Its the revival of the genuine Alfa spirit.

I didn't know the 8C was going to be fitted with the F430 engine. That changes everything.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Mr.Vercetti said:
Last i heard it was the 4.3l Maser V8 tuned further to push out 500 bhp, not the F430 motor. There was talk of the ferrari motor a while back, but no mention of it for ages. Where did you get your info?

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #99 (Edited)
8c competizione into production in 2007-it's official despite what the German mags report...With 8c alfa romeo will return to Gt races(le mans or fia gt)The chassis is alouminium monocoque strengthen with carbon fibers(like 360 Challenge Stradale or the upcoming F430 Challenge Stradale).Autobody from carbonfiber like enzo,engine V8 4,2 with dry sump and with compressor it will exceed 450hp.Weight 1400-1500kg.Power ratio 3kg/hp...more expensive than F430.

·
Registered
75 Posts
It's official..? Sakiss you have never let us down in the past, but please tell me you have something to back up this very bold claim? And it's going to race in GT races, despite alfa withdrawing from WTCC for financial reasons? Or is it going to replace the Masser MC12 on the track?

And this latest development on the V8, now a 4.2l compressor, what happened to the 500bhp 5.0l V8? There are so many rumoured V8's coming out of alfa at the moment, it is very hard to know what to believe.

Are the 159 and Brera GTA still due to get a 440bhp 4.3l V8?

I R confused.

81 - 100 of 736 Posts