Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1991, Alfa Romeo 1.6 Trofeo
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends,
My dad back in 1991 bought a new alfa 75 1.6 trofeo and for 2 years now i am trying to restore the car.
My problem is the interior door panels ,which after almost 30 years are in terrible condition.I changed back in 2017 with 4 used ones but they worn out too..So i was wondering if any one of you ever tried to restore them?And if yes how did you do that?I will upload photos a.s.a.p.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is how they are now.photos from the front 2 door panels .Rear ones are a little bit in a better condition
Land vehicle Car Vehicle Family car
Automotive exterior Vehicle Car Bumper Auto part

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've reinforced the backing cardboard with fiberglass mat and epoxy resin, added housing insulation foam into the hollows of the arm rests with construction adhesive and made old ones more usable / durable. However, I have yet to figure out how to make the vinyl look good on the front side. I guess you could strip it all off and reapply, but lots of heat gun work and contact cement - not my area of expertise. I'd be interested to learn how others have repaired the vinyl.

Mark
Do you by any chance have a picture of the job you did on the cardboard ? How long did it take you to get them made?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts