Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Heads-up - kind of tucked in behind the Maserati Booth, Alfa has brought a white one and a red one, the red one a Launch Edition . Of course, they're gorgeous -as are the two ladies on the turntable who were there on press day :)

The LA Auto Show opens to the public today (Nov. 21), and is open through Nov. 30th. It's a great show, lots of awesome cars on display. Here are a few photos:

·
Registered
831 Posts
My wife and I will be there on Sunday. Alfa sent us a "special" invitation. We live in the area and don't have anything else better to do.

·
Registered
831 Posts
My wife and I went to the show today. Took our special invitations with us which allowed us to sit on a small three table patio overlooking the Alfa Romeo 4C display. I drank a lukewarm espresso and my wife ate a biscotti with water. Turns out I knew one of the people sitting on the patio. Dan and his daughter who I know from the Alfa club.

Dan was able to sit in the red LE. He was selected (on the spot) to be interviewed by a report team. They opened the car and filmed they whole thing. Dan was like a kid in a candy shop with an ice cream cone in each hand. Strawberry or chocolate? Oh but they're both so good.

We sat on the patio for about an hour, pretending to be VIP's or big-shots of some sort. My wife even commented, "I always wondered how some people got to sit in these places, and here we are." The crowds of people surrounding the two cars never stopped. I could hardly see the cars through the forest of people.

I talked to three or four of the Alfa reps. I asked two basic questions to each person:
  1. When will the 4C be available in Los Angeles?
  2. What is the new vent for?
Everybody gave me the same answer to 1: In about two weeks. Orders for the SE should start in April.

Question 2 received a different answer from everybody.
  • It cools the inter-cooler for the turbo.
  • It cools the oil cooler for the transmission.
  • It cools the engine.
  • It doesn't do anything.
Me being the person that I am, decided that this just wasn't acceptable. I made an executive decision. I got up on the stage, laid down on the floor and looked at myself. It's just a hole in the side of the car. It doesn't do anything. There is no oil cooler or anything behind it. The new vent, located low just 'fore of the left rear wheel only vents into the the engine bay. One rep seemed to think it would be on all US spec car. "It's much warmer in the US than in Europe and it needs to be cooled here."

One rep told me, and a different rep told my wife the same thing, "The cars will be shipped first to the west coast, then the mid-west and the east coast gets cars last." The reps didn't say a word when I told him a guy in Arkansas already took delivery a few days ago.

My wife asked about pricing and mark-up. She was told, "That's not my department."

We eventually walked around and looked at other cars. Some eye catching concept cars. Some basic sedans. You name it, it was there. But nothing compared to the dinky two car display of Alfa Romeo. Alfa had the cutest girls, and cars, by far. Had what was a janitors closet by comparison and the least amount of cars and car models. Spent the least amount of money and effort, yet had the largest crowd. The viewers had to wade through each other just to get a glimpse of the car.

·
Registered
831 Posts

Pictures from LA Auto Show.

Rear quarter view of new side vent. 2015 US spec SE w/track pack. Regular white. LA Auto Show Nov 2014. Dark tele-dial wheels.

Side view of new side vent. 2015 US spec SE w/track pack. Regular white. LA Auto Show Nov 2014. Dark tele-dial wheels.

Rear angle view of side vent and bumperettes. 2015 US spec LE w/track pack. Alfa Rosso. LA Auto Show Nov 2014. Dark tele-dial wheels.

All picture were hand held with no flash. The last picture is compromised as a result. Oh, by the way, this is a 1 megapixel camera about 15 years old. You don't need lots of megapixels if you have a real lens.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I was the kid in the candy store ! Yup, cone in both hands ! Pretty much ruined the rest of the show, although the 4C was really the only thing I was dying to see there.

Ciao !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts