Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Sean from Kearny Mesa Alfa Romeo Here. I will have the Alfa Romeo 4C at Coronado Speedfestival on Sept 20-21st. Please let me know if you would a personal showing of this amazing car.

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
Sean,

The temptation to hop on a plane and come see the 4C in person is huge, but I already know I want one and will buy one sight unseen. The question is will a car be available and at what price. That said, enjoy the Speed Festival, and I look forward to your observations from behind the wheel.

Cheers,
Mark Pernell in Hawaii

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello everyone,

Sean from Kearny Mesa Alfa Romeo Here. I will have the Alfa Romeo 4C at Coronado Speedfestival on Sept 20-21st. Please let me know if you would a personal showing of this amazing car.
Beautiful thanks for posting.

Is the color Rosso or Competizione?

·
Registered
831 Posts
It's a short drive from Los Angeles. Are you able to take orders? Show & Tell is a good enough reason for me to zoom down. Can you elaborate with more info now?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
As a dealer we do not get very many details. All I know is there will be an Alfa Romeo 4C car at the Coronado Speed Festival. It is one of the 4C's being used as a media car by the different media outlets. I want to offer a personalized walk through for all Alfisti. So you can get more familiar with this amazing new car.

PS I will have a full review of the Alfa Romeo 4C in the next "Alfa Owner" Please do not forget o join AROC for all the inside scoop on everything Alfa.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sean,

Will it be in my pit?
David, unfortunately the media will have the car as part of their coverage. I think it will me with Mark Manard from Manard's Garage of the Union Tribune?
I will be have to give you an up-close and personal tour of the car? Answer any question you might have etc?

·
Registered
831 Posts
Sean:

I would like to drive down and look at the 4C and watch the races. Never been to Coronado, always wanted to go. I also need to spend that weekend getting my 240Z ready for Buttonwillow the following weekend. For a touch & feel event with a 4C, I will juggle things around and make it happen. But I don't want to get there and find out all I can do is look from a distance. Would be very disappointing for me and a waste of time I really should be focusing elsewhere.

Do you know if there will be a representative there to answer questions and let people sit in the 4C?

Thanks,

Bob Russell (no relation)

·
Registered
325 Posts
Sean,

I saw the article in the U-T about him having the 4C at his booth. I was just giving you a little grief.

Bob,
Please stop by and say hi. I am running #199 this weekend.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Sean...I say drive it coast to coast and display it at next year's convention in Warwick, Rhode Island....Dino

·
Registered
831 Posts
Sean,

I saw the article in the U-T about him having the 4C at his booth. I was just giving you a little grief.

Bob,
Will do :)

There's going to be a 1957 Lotus 11, white w/blue stripe and a 1962 Daimler SP250 (dark blue) there that I have some ties to. The Daimler just had a full frame-off restoration. We're still putting back together. We're doing some overtime getting it ready, it will be there.

These cars give me yet another reason to want to be there, but the 4C is the ice breaker.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dino, You can almost Guarantee you will have a 4C at next years convention. I am hoping Alfa might bring something even newer. May the 2016 Duetto.

·
Registered
831 Posts
OK. We made it back from Coronado Speed Festival. Was a fun & busy day. We both had a good time.

The 1957 Lotus 11 that I worked on came in second, just a car length behind another Lotus. The 1962 Daimler SP250 that I worked on blew out a shock in the last practice, DNS (did not start).

BMW had a driving experience. Demo cars on a small autocross. I stood in line and took my turn. SUV and Autocross is a hilarious thing to watch and even more comical to drive. The second car (i drove) was 4 door sedan. Both BMW's gave me the same reaction and feel. Not connected to the car. Windows down, could not hear or feel the engine. No input from the road. I did not get out of shape nor do I think the nannies came on, but, it was like I was sitting in my easy chair watching a video game holding a joystick. Push the gas and nothing happens. Finally the car seat pushes into me just as I need to brake for the turn. Plow through the turn and wait to sink back into the cushy seat. Not a car I would want.

Watched some good racing. I think the 510, 2002, GTV group was the best to watch. They clustered into 3's and 4's battling for position. GTV pass a 510. 2002 pass a GTV. 510 pass a 2002. Back and forth, back and forth. Auto racing at it's finest.

There was a skydive exposition that was neat.

The car show was nice, they always are.

A guy I met asked me what I thought was the most impressive car I saw. I've been around this sort of stuff all my life. I'm not easily impressed. But, the late 50's Mercedes Gullwing caught my eye. Looked stock from where I was. Then when I saw it out on the track racing bumper-to-bumper with the other cars, I was impressed. It wasn't the best handling car or the fastest car in the run group, but by far the rarest and most expensive. And he was just out there flogging the thing, as it was meant to be. That is something one does not see often.

I leave the best for last. The 2015 Alfa Romeo 4C. USA standard edition.

I saw it. I felt it. I sat in it. I heard it. I love it.

It sounds a lot like my Abarth, except it's louder and has a throatier growl. This 4C had the racing exhaust. I love it and so does my wife. I know it will be a bit much for some, but for most drivers/owners of this type of car, this is exactly what we expect. Throat clearing burbles and spits.

The under-belly is flat. Unlike most cars that leave all the frame and suspension jagged to spoil the air flow, this is flat and covered. More aerodynamic. Not much to see under there.

The trunk is adequate. A shooting brake it's not. It's not a GT car, it's a pocket racer. A gym bag will fit nicely, but not much else. My track bag with helmet and fire suit. Not much else. Adequate.

I found the seat and seating position to be comfortable. I found the 4C easy to get in and easy to get back out of. My wife claims it's difficult and I will need to help her each time. Could be her excuse to make a gentleman out of me. ("********", she says now) So, what am I comparing this to? I'm used to low slung cars, some which have been made even lower. I'm used to getting in and out of race prepped cars with full cages and high sided racing seats. Sometimes the door can't be opened all the way cause it's in or on a trailer. I sat down into the car. I got out of the car. Without any effort on my part. Didn't find the need to remove the steering wheel first. As a daily driver it's great. Anybody that finds it difficult needs to take a Yoga class.

My wife pointed out that I (not her) found it difficult to get out of. Only because I didn't want to get out.

I got in and closed the door. Thud, the door closed. Whir, the window rolled up a crack. I could hear the PA and the thunder of the race cars on the track. When I went to the LA Auto Expo and sat in a Cayman, I could not hear the door close. I could not hear the din of the crowd just outside the car. Open the Cayman door and the noise was deafening, again. I much prefer the 4C over the Cayman.

The car was Madreperla White. A very nice deep white with a hint of yellow and metal flakes. Rosso Competizione is my first choice, but this pearl essence white, I would not complain about, ever.

When will it be available for sale???? The one that knows ain't sayin'.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Sean,

Bob,
Dave, it was nice to meet you and your friend. Your GTV looks awesome :)

Mark, thanks for showing me the 4C.

Sean, thanks for getting the 4C to the event.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Racer Z gave a great summary of the 4C. I too sat in it and started it and was impressed by the fit and finish of the car. I found it very easy to get into but I did not want to get out of it. I fit very well, plenty of headroom and the seat was ideal for my frame, 6' 2", 185 lbs. I understand from Sean that the seat height is set at the dealer for the buyer, so they probably had that one at the lowest setting, I would guess. So tall guys, don't be afraid. It is a lovely car.

·
Registered
22 Posts
It was great to see this car up-close and personal (I believe this was the same car I'd seen at Pebble Beach in August but it was behind the ropes there). Sean it was great to meet you and say hello, and the folks from Maynard's garage were super-nice too.

Here are a few photos I was able to grab on Friday, before the crowds on the weekend. The car had a lot of interest, to say the least.

Just because, here's a few shots of some more traditional Alfas, on-track !

1 - 20 of 22 Posts