Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody, i would need some help regarding an Alfa Romeo 2600 sprint that i bought last week. The owner told me that he is certain that the car is a 1965/66 but registration papers say be car is from 1968. Motor number is 00601-08533 and chassi number is 826285. Would be very greatful if anybody could help me out. Best regards

·
Push hard and live
9,582 Posts
You haven’t posted your location. It helps us to help you.

In the US...

It was quite common in the 50s and 60s for the selling dealer to supply registration papers for a new car based upon the date of sale, rather than date of manufacture. As the 2600s, and the earlier 2000s, were quite expensive it was common for them to linger in dealer inventory for a year or more before finding a buyer.

A bank would loan money at a better rate for a “new” car than for one a year or two old.

I recently had the registration and Title on my 1959 2000 changed to match the production date rather than the 1961 it had been carrying for decades.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the respons. I live actually in Sweden. I have been watching some forums regarding motor numbers and chassi, but it is very dificult to get an answer =)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi everybody, i would need some help regarding an Alfa Romeo 2600 sprint that i bought last week. The owner told me that he is certain that the car is a 1965/66 but registration papers say be car is from 1968. Motor number is 00601-08533 and chassi number is 826285. Would be very greatful if anybody could help me out with some info. Best regards

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Yes, Fusi shows it was a 1965 based on your chassis number. A lot of jurisdictions would title a car in the year it was sold rather than the year it was made. You might be able to take your title or paperwork down to the motor vehicle department and show them a copy of Fusi and get them to change it to 1965.

·
Push hard and live
9,582 Posts
When I reregistered mine with the correct year of production, they were persuaded by the Museo Storico document showing date of production and first point of delivery. I also had Fusi tables showing the ranges of serial numbers by year. Of course, Fusi is notoriously inaccurate, but government bureaucracies are persuaded by the weight of the paperwork, not the provenance.

·
Registered
9,406 Posts
I agree with Don: The FCA Heritage Certificate is the most authoritative information one can get about the cars. See their web page here (disable ad blocker, if you have one, to see the form to be filled out). In times of Covid-19, one wonders how long it would take for them to respond, if they respond at all.

In the meantime, Fusi's production numbers can be found here.

·
Registered
9,406 Posts
This thread is a double post of this thread in the 1900/2000/2600 forum.

·
Super Moderator
10,583 Posts
This thread is a double post of this thread in the 1900/2000/2600 forum.
You're right. Posts from the duplicate thread in "History" are now merged into this thread. In the future, it's better to use the "Report" function to point this stuff out - the moderators are more likely to see your comments when they are handled that way.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hej och grattis till inköpet.
Din bil blev registrerad i Sverige först 1/1 1968 chansen finns att den kom hit begagnad. Dåtidens bilregister var inte alltid så noga med att ange om bilen var importerad begagnad eller inte. Har du kopia på första registreringsbevisen med gamla länsnummert tex A 8888? Där kanske står om bilen är importerad begagnad. Det finns fler 2600 i Sverige som har årsmodell flera år efter tillverkningsår en tanke är att bilarna var svårsålda och stod lääänge innan dom blev sålda.
Lycka till
Hälsningar
Björn i Trelleborg

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Tack för svaret björn, jag ska få alla papper från förra ägaren, får se hur man gör med alla handlingar för att få till rätt årsmodell på regbeviset =) en fråga bara, hur står sig dessa bilar rent prismässigt i Sverige? Bilen har ju stått i ett garage i över 20 år, karossen är hel och visst finns det rost på de typiska platserna som Alfa är kända för, men det är verkligen ingen rosthög i den bemärkelsen =)

·
Registered
1967 GT 1300 Junior, 1963 2600 Sprint, 1972 Super
17 Posts
Hi everybody, i would need some help regarding an Alfa Romeo 2600 sprint that i bought last week. The owner told me that he is certain that the car is a 1965/66 but registration papers say be car is from 1968. Motor number is 00601-08533 and chassi number is 826285. Would be very greatful if anybody could help me out. Best regards
Chassis numbers 825655 to 826294 shows 640 LHD Sprints produced in 1965! The corresponding engine numbers are 00601.06471 to 00601.08580 for the Sprint and the Spider!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts