Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

we are currently restoring an early Alfa 1900 Ghia Speziale, VIN 1903. We bought it in Italy from Mario Righini, where it had been standing unused for a long time. Does anybody know about this cars´early history? I think I have identified this very car in a book on Carrozzeria Ghia and it looks like it had an interior in a light colour, presumably tan. Can anybody help with period pictures of this chassis number? There are several pictures of our car in the photo base on alfa1900.com, and I will add further pictures as we make progress.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Ar1900c*01903

Hello "Tadini",

Benvenuto! I do have some history on this car and also some means to learning more. I suspect you already have the bulk of the information I have on file. I ask that you supply some basic information that almost certainly accompanied the car ... to be sure we are discussing the same car.

Briefly, the car I have listed under this chassis ID was registered 1959 in Milano and the Milano registration plate should lead us to earlier history as well.

The car was reportedly fitted for a time with an Alfa Romeo 2000 engine (Tipo 00204) and I do not know the location of the original engine or why it was removed. All I can say on this subject is that there was a time when this kind of engine substitution was done routinely. After Milano, the car was registered in another locale and then to an owner in or near Rimini. After that, Mario Righini and then it was offered through a well-known dealer for a time.

More can be done in the way of historical studies but I am no longer willing to do this kind of research without compensation. I have bills to pay.

John de Boer
The Italian Car Registry

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi John,

let me first say that I was always wondering why people would spend most of their lifetime to track down chassis numbers an history of cars if it wasn´t their job. I absolutely don´t have a problem to pay a resonable sum for a kind of history file which also contributes to the value of the car. And by the way, I have quite a number of such problems, so maybe it would make sense to help each other. I´ll write you a mail from my company account in case you haven´t got my address anymore.

Regards,

Alfred

1 - 3 of 3 Posts