Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I live in Connecticut and am looking for an Alfa Romeo 164, but not interested in the 164LS. Will take an automatic or 5 speed. Interested in 164L, 164S, 164Q and 164QV.

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
I live in Connecticut and am looking for an Alfa Romeo 164. Not interested in the 164LS. Would prefer an automatic.
It sounds like you are looking for either an earlier 164L (1991-'93+, luxury leather seats etc.) or 164B (base fabric seats etc.) version. The sportier and I believe more desirable 'S' and the 'Q' (~'95 quad or 4 cam) engine only came with a 5 speed manual transmission. The LS also has the quad cam engine which may be a bit more subject to cam timing issues. There are regularly nice cars on eBay but it may require that you ask a lot of questions and IF it sounds very nice, go look and pay for a pre-purchase inspection.
Good luck with your search,
Mark

·
Premium Member
15,888 Posts
Clean 164L with automatic in Sn Diego. Looks nice, good seats, low mileage (relatively speaking). Here's a chance to visit and enjoy SD. Drive it back.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Clean 164L with automatic in Sn Diego. Looks nice, good seats, low mileage (relatively speaking). Here's a chance to visit and enjoy SD. Drive it back.
Was it the red one?

·
Premium Member
15,888 Posts
Yes, is on eBay.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Looks nice. Fully priced at $5000.00

·
Registered
1 Posts
164 L in ct

I live in Connecticut and am looking for an Alfa Romeo 164. Not interested in the 164LS. Would prefer an automatic.
I live in Ct and have have a 91 164L Black on Black, automatic great car I am the second owner. My mechanic gave me in trade for my 164 5 speed when I blew the engine on the 5 speed. Entire front end was rebuilt at 110 k has 157k now, but hardly driven in the last two years - just dropped3 k into new exhaust and other work - a very fast sweet ride, new tires everything being tweaked and updated as we speak, if you are really serious, I'll trade you for the right Milano Verde or make a deal to sell it at a reasonable price - clear clear coat is going on the hood and top - and left fender has a crease - s wheels. If you want a 164 in Ct here it is - you can't get any closer to CT then Ct. Near Hartford, call me at 917-596-4304 or email me at [email protected] if you are serious and want a good 164 - I have only driven 164's or Milano's since 1987 and this is a good car -
Best

Richard

·
Registered
2 Posts
selling a 1991 164L auto/Alpha Red/120000 miles/2 owner(sister and myself), daily driver with few winters(location: Winnipeg, Canada). many new(er) parts(complete rear suspension, all tune up parts including timing belt, steering rack and tie rods, PS hoses, V belt and tensioner, brake pads, tires, water pump/thermostat, air conditioning conversion done/works). Has issues needing work for which I will provide complete details if interested. Tel:204 632 9356 Em: [email protected]

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a 1995 164Q. It has a knock in the engine. I am willing to let it go for $4,000 obo. the car is located in Sacramento, CA. Let me know if you are interested!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts