Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,814 Posts
I would not recommend using that chip. I am sure others will chime in on discussion.

·
Premium Member
26,814 Posts
What are you planning to do with your 15+ year old 164 and what is mileage on engine, suspension and brakes? If you are starting out with a used car with high mileage on systems I would not play ricer boy with it.

I read to many horror stories on this BB about how new Alfa owner got his first new used abused 164 and abused it some more and wondered why it broke within first hours or days after he hit rev limiter and bang it is all over.

If you are starting out with zero time properly rebuilt machine set up for hard running then maybe playing the chip game and programmable engine management upgrades are OK.

I believe that being said and your car qualifies to be flung around turns with high G forces then something like Squadra Chip maybe the chip of choice.

·
Premium Member
9,742 Posts
I am curious have any of you guys put these on your cars and if so are they worth it or not and then how hard is it to do?:D
Ding Ding.

I would be careful that one. Keeps check engine light on, pings and not only that it is a Pirated chip! Stolen from Ar Ricambi and sold on e-bay. Don't support these kinds of people.
Chip is OK!
On a Base or Lusso 164 with the Squadra you can gain 16hp and gobs of torque, no check engine light, no pings and bought through me or squadra your supporting real alfa business' !
100 times better chip! You get support from me or squadra if there are problems or if your not happy with it. You can't believe that a $25 chip will be any good other wise you would have bought it and not started this post. Go with your gut which I know your know it is no good.

Hope I did not rattle on too long Steve. :D

Ciao!
Jason

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh no i appreciate all the info. i am not trying to make a super car was just curious see these things on ebay all the time was just wondering if really worth it. heck mine is fast enough i already have a hard time keeping it under 90 on the highway.

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
One fellow on the bb was offering a used Squadra chip for a ($200?) contribution to the alfabb. The price was OK, and the performance is supposedly good. I didn't opt for that for the wife's car, though. Look through the for-sale postings if you're interested.

·
Premium Member
26,814 Posts

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
And Andrew Garcia has queued up for the chip I mentioned (from East_End_Alfa), as of this afternoon, and not that many minutes ago.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts