Alfa Romeo Forums banner

41 - 60 of 115 Posts

·
Banned
868 Posts
Exterior looks dated already. Side profile is boring and the rear is bland. The thin/sharp lower fron spoiler does not match the bulbous front. Interior looks modern... but at odds with the rest of the Alfa range. Looks like a Renault-Opel cross.

I am now seriously concerned the 159 replacement will go down the same guppy-fish look road.

This not only looks like it will be laughed out of an A3/1series/C30 group test but it would struggle against the new Mk6 Golf.

All those delays... the mountain gave birth to a mouse.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Exterior looks dated already. Side profile is boring and the rear is bland. The thin/sharp lower fron spoiler does not match the bulbous front. Interior looks modern... but at odds with the rest of the Alfa range. Looks like a Renault-Opel cross.

I am now seriously concerned the 159 replacement will go down the same guppy-fish look road.

This not only looks like it will be laughed out of an A3/1series/C30 group test but it would struggle against the new Mk6 Golf.

All those delays... the mountain gave birth to a mouse.
:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I find myself somewhat in agreement with the Dude.

Whatever next...

·
Banned
868 Posts
The problem is the timing. This car should have come out 2 years ago... at least... and getting a facelift next year.

So now this car will be competetive... for a year... untill next gen 1 series and A3 come out, then it's game over.

·
Registered
774 Posts
yes sure the Audi and BMW get their own multiair ready in year..are you serious that A3 and 1 series are good looking? 1 series is ugly as hell... and A3 boring as golf...

·
Banned
868 Posts
yes sure the Audi and BMW get their own multiair ready in year..are you serious that A3 and 1 series are good looking? 1 series is ugly as hell... and A3 boring as golf...

Both are about to be replaced by brand new models not more then 12 months after Milano arrives. Also, Multiair is a neat tech... but hardly the second coming. Both BMW and Audi have their own solutions in the pipeline. In the case of Audi they simply pair up a turbo with a supercharger (Lancia fans are green with envy.)

BMW has advanced Valvtronics and other stuff. Also just the DDCT clutches by themselves give M-Air level savings in fuel consumption.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Both are about to be replaced by brand new models not more then 12 months after Milano arrives. Also, Multiair is a neat tech... but hardly the second coming. Both BMW and Audi have their own solutions in the pipeline. In the case of Audi they simply pair up a turbo with a supercharger (Lancia fans are green with envy.)

BMW has advanced Valvtronics and other stuff. Also just the DDCT clutches by themselves give M-Air level savings in fuel consumption.
Interesting how the RussianDude forgets to mention that both Audi and BMW will never get Multiair, it's called patented technology... because Alfa isn't going to be licensing that technology out-of-company like they've done in the past, they've learned from their mistakes....

Curious what are "their" gas solutions? lol.. Advanced Valvtronics?? Ohh you meant.Same ol' Same ol'? Rockers arms...mechanics.. slow...non efficient.. wear anyone? Forward thinking RussianM3...forward thinking...
I think it's the simplicity in which Multiair works, multiplied by it's effectiveness that's throwing the RussianM3 off?

And although Multiair isn't a completely new form of engine, when it comes-to Internal Combustion Engines, I think this is about as close as one can get to a second coming...

I'll put it as simple as I can.. before the driver controlled the throttle, now the driver controls the valve actuation....

but of course the RussianDude will call it "neat tech".... This is his way, and it always will be, because he's blinded by his hate for the brand...and his love to rile people up on this board.. (He once equated a production car with a complete CF body ((8C)) as something that could be done in a garage by someone with a hammer.. no I'm not kidding.)

Hmm a revolutionary electro-hydraulic valve actuation system which controls the valves so accurately Chrysler is about to get a 10% decrease in emissions, 10% increase in power, and 15% increase in torque, right off the bat across the board... hmmm ... "neat tech"...

When combined with a turbo the decrease in emissions (while keeping the same power band) will be around 25%.... And I haven't mentioned Diesel, or other Bio-Fuel options where it will be applicable too.. I mean I'm not trying to make the RussianM3 cry again... Although I'm sure some on this board would.
lol

RussianM3 I've sent you back down under your bridge many times, shall we go another round...?

Bytheway, how are you at calling the members of this board...Taliban? Are the Taliban still "just a couple of disgruntled students" in your mind? Or are you willing to succumb to your idiocy and finally apologize for regarding us (the members of this board) as such...as you have time and time again?

Nice try.. But it will never be a BMW thing.. no matter how hard you try. LOL ALL TIME CLASSIC. :D

·
Banned
868 Posts
Interesting how the RussianDude forgets to mention that both Audi and BMW will never get Multiair, it's called patented technology... because Alfa isn't going to be licensing that technology out-of-company like they've done in the past, they've learned from their mistakes....

Curious what are "their" gas solutions? lol.. Advanced Valvtronics?? Ohh you meant.Same ol' Same ol'? Rockers arms...mechanics.. slow...non efficient.. wear anyone? Forward thinking RussianM3...forward thinking...
I think it's the simplicity in which Multiair works, multiplied by it's effectiveness that's throwing the RussianM3 off?

And although Multiair isn't a completely new form of engine, when it comes-to Internal Combustion Engines, I think this is about as close as one can get to a second coming...

I'll put it as simple as I can.. before the driver controlled the throttle, now the driver controls the valve actuation....

but of course the RussianDude will call it "neat tech".... This is his way, and it always will be, because he's blinded by his hate for the brand...and his love to rile people up on this board.. (He once equated a production car with a complete CF body ((8C)) as something that could be done in a garage by someone with a hammer.. no I'm not kidding.)

Hmm a revolutionary electro-hydraulic valve actuation system which controls the valves so accurately Chrysler is about to get a 10% decrease in emissions, 10% increase in power, and 15% increase in torque, right off the bat across the board... hmmm ... "neat tech"...

When combined with a turbo the decrease in emissions (while keeping the same power band) will be around 25%.... And I haven't mentioned Diesel, or other Bio-Fuel options where it will be applicable too.. I mean I'm not trying to make the RussianM3 cry again... Although I'm sure some on this board would.
lol

RussianM3 I've sent you back down under your bridge many times, shall we go another round...?

Bytheway, how are you at calling the members of this board...Taliban? Are the Taliban still "just a couple of disgruntled students" in your mind? Or are you willing to succumb to your idiocy and finally apologize for regarding us (the members of this board) as such...as you have time and time again?

Nice try.. But it will never be a BMW thing.. no matter how hard you try. LOL ALL TIME CLASSIC. :D
You'll find that BMW and Audi engines will be more then competetive with the multiair engines. After all, they are so far ahead already. Also, I'd wait and see how the reliability will be on first-gen M-Air.

P.S. This Taliban thing really got to you... I've been successful.

·
Registered
774 Posts
the Milano will probably get lots of new stuff including multiair, ddc clutch and Active Roll Control system. If they stick all these together it will be very competitive despite the exterior look maybe being average, but I think the car will look very good when finished and right color.

·
Banned
868 Posts
the Milano will probably get lots of new stuff including multiair, ddc clutch and Active Roll Control system. If they stick all these together it will be very competitive despite the exterior look maybe being average, but I think the car will look very good when finished and right color.
D-Clutch and active suspension have been on Vw's for ages now. Even regular Golf Mk6 has them. Alfa needs to pick up the tempo.

·
Registered
774 Posts
well it depents what you call active suspension there are differencies in systems... vw got not dry clutch as "ages", its other type what they had ages.. ) and there is other brands as only VWs what to compare and if VW doesnt have anything new by then its still competitive

·
Banned
868 Posts
It would be VERY competetive if Alfa dropped the delusion that it can somehow compete with premium brands by charging premium prices.

Alfa is Italian VW and needs to tailer it's product accordingly. For now, Alfa is not really up to VW level, let alone Audi. VW has more powerfull engines then Alfa and sports models (Scirocco/R, Passat R36, Tuareg R50 V10 TDI, GolfGTI/R20). I drove the new VW Golf GTI (mk6) and it's brilliant. Feels two generation ahead of the 147 Alfa (because it is essentially). BTW, Alfa is about to drop the V6 engines from most (if not all) of it's range.

·
Banned
6,139 Posts
It would be VERY competetive if Alfa dropped the delusion that it can somehow compete with premium brands by charging premium prices.

Alfa is Italian VW and needs to tailer it's product accordingly. For now, Alfa is not really up to VW level, let alone Audi. VW has more powerfull engines then Alfa and sports models (Scirocco/R, Passat R36, Tuareg R50 V10 TDI, GolfGTI/R20). I drove the new VW Golf GTI (mk6) and it's brilliant. Feels two generation ahead of the 147 Alfa (because it is essentially). BTW, Alfa is about to drop the V6 engines from most (if not all) of it's range.

I'm waiting until the 149GTA comes out and arrives in the US. I will consider buying one...as that or an Abarth 500ESS comes closest to what I would want...

·
Banned
868 Posts
Hard to say what Alfa will sell in US. I think by the time they will make it over, the 149 will be a little old. Basically Alfa is waiting for the 159 replacement and a new GTV/Brera/Spider.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Alfa is Italian VW and needs to tailer it's product accordingly. For now, Alfa is not really up to VW level, let alone Audi. VW has more powerfull engines then Alfa .
not really VW... they are made for different people....I have never ever heard somebody comparing Alfa to VW.... and what is VW level? boring driving level or what? similar capacity engines arent more powerfull... where did you hear about dropping the V6? I think they will drop all GM engines and got V6 again when suitable is available.

·
Banned
868 Posts
they charge lower prices than AUdi/BMW, so it is quite competitive
Oh yeah? So how come no one buys them? Because Alfa sells sub VW product at sub Audi prices.

Take the Brera as an example. It's supposedly from a higher class then a VW mk3 (2009) Scirocco... yet is slower, less powerfull, more expensive, not as fun to drive AND much, much less practical. Depreciation is awfull on them too.

Take the 159. The most powerfull petrol engine you can buy for it has... wait for it... drum roll... 200hp... for a car that is pretty much heaviest in class. The freaking VW Passat has a 3.2 V6 for regular model and a 3.6 liter - 300hp sports version. The freaking OPEL!!! has an OPC version of it's Insignia which has AWD, trick suspension a la Ford Focus RS Mk2 and a Turbo V6 engine with 325hp.

Alfa is now struggling to comptete... with the FRENCH!!! Renault has a line-up of brilliant, widely acclaimed sports cars (the RS line) and a very nice Laguna coupe that can drive rings around the Brera. Even Peugeot now has brought it's interiors close to Audi level. Citroen is now making good cars for god's sake as well as launching a premium sub-brand the DS (3 cars).

Now their is rumour that Alfa has cancelled the MiTo GTA.

Folks, it looks like the writing is on the wall.

I know people here wonder why I bash Alfas, when they find them sporty, original etc... Well, imagine that girl you went out with in college then lost track of. She was, cute, an athlete, great in bed. Fast forward 25 years, you meet her and then realize why people have been making fun of her recently.

She is a chain smoking, lard roll with 5 rug rats a wooden foot and an eyeptach.

·
Banned
868 Posts
not really VW... they are made for different people....I have never ever heard somebody comparing Alfa to VW.... and what is VW level? boring driving level or what? similar capacity engines arent more powerfull... where did you hear about dropping the V6? I think they will drop all GM engines and got V6 again when suitable is available.
The newest price list for the 159 sedan does not have a V6 anymore.

·
Banned
868 Posts
These pics display an Alfa "149" concept.
A discarded concept probably.
Sorry for the "modified" pics.
I cannot issue the original pics.
This is EXACTLY what Alfa should have been doing (minus the Renault Megane behind) sharp and modern. Not a puffed up, cross-eyed guppy fish. While I don't think the MiTo and Milano are ugly... they are more "interesting" then beautifull or agressive (Steve Buscemi school of design). It's a type of design that women like and I do see them more and more in MiTo.

41 - 60 of 115 Posts