Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For sale beautiful 10 books of Alfa Romeo's history. New!
Book 1 1910-1919
Book 2 1920-1929
Book 3 1930-1939
Book 4 1940-1949
Book 5 1950-1959
Book 6 1960-1969
Book 7 1970-1979
Book 8 1980-1989
Book 9 1990-1999
Book 10 2000-2010

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Book Set Received in Perfect Condition...

I ordered the full set of the Centennial Edition Quattroruote books from this fellow, and everything turned out perfect.

He shipped them promptly, they arrived quickly, and the books themselves were in perfect shape and appeared to be NOS and un-read...

The ten volume set goes decade by decade through Alfa History, and appears to have a fair number of previously unpublished photos culled from the many years of pics in the Quattroruote files.

All in all this was a Super value to get all ten volumes in this set from one person at one time and for one single shipping fee.

Very Good value for the money!

Thanks again for everything!

Dave-riargs

·
Registered
46 Posts
Quattroruote Alfa Romeo book set

Hi there. Do you have a set still available? If so please contact me off-line. I'm also am an Alfetta GTV owner. Any Alfetta GTV titles? I see one on the shelf. Regards, Mike

[email protected]

·
Registered
573 Posts
They also have a really nice set of 1/24th scale models that go with these books. Every model has a book on the actual car included. Biggest problem is shipping cost from Italy.

Tom Tanner/Ferrari Expo 2012-Chicago March 2012

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
For Sale: Alfa Romeo 10 History Book for 100 Years

I ordered the full set of the Centennial Edition Quattroruote books from this fellow, and everything turned out perfect.

He shipped them promptly, they arrived quickly, and the books themselves were in perfect shape and appeared to be NOS and un-read...

The ten volume set goes decade by decade through Alfa History, and appears to have a fair number of previously unpublished photos culled from the many years of pics in the Quattroruote files.

All in all this was a Super value to get all ten volumes in this set from one person at one time and for one single shipping fee.

Very Good value for the money!

Thanks again for everything!

Dave-riargs
Dave,

I'm assuming the set came without the models mentioned in another post?

Are these volumes a compilation of the Quattroruote magazine that Pat translated some of the articles from or is the set something different? Most importantly, is the set in English or Italian?

Thanks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Quattroruote Centennial Books...

Hi Cheryl,

As it turns out, the black books from NADA that are a decade by decade dissection of Alfa Romeo production are only in Italian,,,

These volumes did not come with any models - it was just the books. I've never been a huge fan of models - one or two are fine, but once you start really collecting them all bets are off and you have to set your sights on hundreds - if not thousands - of different Alfa models.

Also, this fellow sent me the other set of red booklets that were printed last year in Italia for the centennial. The red monographs are about 35 to 50 pages long, and deal with only one Alfa Romeo Production car at a time. They came packaged with 1/43rd scale models, whilst the black decade volumes came originally with 1/18th scale models. There were 25 new 1/43rd models and red monographs issued last for the Centennial, and this fellow had all 25 for sale as well.

To get the whole set from one person at one time in one shipment certainly lowered the "hassle" factor of looking for them individually, and they even came in a specially designed european style A4 glossy binder.

It was a Good Deal!

Talk to you later,
Dave

·
Registered
573 Posts
Thats not correct. The black and red volumes came with 1/24th models. You got 1 red one with a history of a specific model with every model. The first 10models also had a centenial books included and packaged together. The person you bought them from may have seperated them or talked to the publisher to get them without the models(or he kept the models and sold them to someone else). I think the red books are better than the black books as they are more detailed and have some rare Quattroruote pictures of each car. Check ebay under alfa 1/24 (wordwide) and you will see many of them listed. The models in this collection are also very nice. This collection has now been going on for over a year, so the early ones will start to be harder to find.

Tom Tanner/Ferrari Expo 2012-Chicago March 2012

1 - 12 of 12 Posts