Cover watercolor graphics of classic Alfas racing the Corkscrew

2) “Painting Monterey Red” – August 23-25, 1985
Tribute to Alfa Romeo 12th Annual Monterey Historic Races
1986 VHS tape professionally commissioned by Alfa Romeo
Special plastic case – cover image of Fangio driving Tipo 159 Alfetta
Superb videography and sound coverage!
Only a limited number produced with very few sold to the public
Could be copied to DVD format (as I have done) subject to AR copyright

8Feb edit: Now offering items # 1&2 together as "package deal" at price TBD, since they belong together (item # 3 could be included too at add'l cost). The "Painting Monterey Red" video is just 12 minutes long, yet packed with beautiful vintage Alfa car action and pretty women too (not necessarily in stated order). I suspect few know of let alone have seen and heard this video and fewer yet own an original copy. Vivid action and sound coverage of both Phil Hill and Juan Manuel Fangio driving the Alfetta 159 is unforgettable in standard plus slow motion. Because VHS players are obsolete and since I still own a Samsung VHS --> DVD recorder, I'll include a copy in DVD format. This production was an ARI copyrighted production under Craig Morningstar's oversight, so I can burn copies but not for profit. The combined package won't go cheap though, so please factor that before PMs with offers.

3) 12th Annual Monterey Historic Races – August 23-25, 1985
Motorsport International Productions - VHS format covering race action
Could be copied to DVD format

4) The Laguna Seca Ferrari Reunion - 21st Annual Monterey Historic Races
Produced by Motor Trend and First Auto Sport Television in 1994
3-volume VHS set packaged in a special boxed slip cover
Could be copied to DVD format, subject to copyright

5) “Can-Am – The Speed Odyssey” by Ardennes Productions 2008
DVD format which includes great archived Can-Am racing action/interviews

6) Commercial poster - Bobcor Alfa race cars at Road Atlanta (yes, those!)
Dry-mounted on foam core board -- 22.75" H x 31.5" W
Minor corner damage & water staining at bottom (can be trimmed)

7) Commercial poster – Alfa Romeo Brabham GP car
Dry-mounted on foam core board -- 22.75" H x 36.0" W

8) SOLD - Alfa Romeo leather driving gloves – (goatskin?) leather
Natural saddle color, Velcro closures, AR logo embossed on leather tab.These are probably 25+ years old but still as soft as new. Won these when new at AROC national meeting as raffle door prize.

Pictures taken this morning are representative of condition and are in item order listed as thumbnail images. Click on those for larger view. I obtained all these items when new. Prices on most items not yet established. Inquire on items of interest and we'll go from there.

Items will be marked in BOLD ITALIC TEXT when sold.

Col1a.JPG Col1c.JPG Col2,3,4,5.JPG Col6b.JPG Col6c.JPG Col7a.JPG Col8a.JPG Col8b.JPG

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am interested in numbers 2, 6 and 7. What sizes are the posters? With them being mounted on foam core shipping is going to be more complicated.

Thank you,
Kevin

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hi Kevin,

Well, you know how to "cherry pick" some of the most valuable items in this ad set. I measured; 22.75" H x 31.5" W on the Bobcor poster and 22.75" H x 36.0" W on the Brabham Alfa GP poster. I took pics of those posters this afternoon but haven't yet uploaded to an image sharing host. I plan on doing that soon, however takes time vs direct upload from personal computer which can't do on ALFABB forum.

Agreed, being foam core mounted adds to shipping cost and complexity, yet preserved those lithos (other than stated damage) from wrinkles, tears or bubbles. On backside on the foam cores is pine rectangular support boards which kept the poster square all those many years.

No prices established yet on any items, however I suspect you'd agree the posters and that unique rare #2 video are at the very top. I googled "Painting Monterey Red" and found essentially nothing of substance. The sound (piped through my vintage Rogersound Labs studio monitor speakers) will want you to "crank it up more" for the Tipo 159 Alfetta supercharger on/off throttle. Contains footage of both Phil Hill and J.M. Fangio driving that at speed and much more of the Alfa year tribute. That video won't go cheaply nor will the posters.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ron, I'll be taking pictures of the books, etc later today. Just now looked at those gloves which are marked on the inside of the left glove: Madova Glove - Florence, Italy and with # 9 which I believe is Medium. I normally wear Large, so these are just a bit snug but still comfortable due to softness of the leather. These are very lightweight with perforated holes, so postage won't be much. Say, $45 shipped? I'll edit this later with a few pics. Tried them on and had visions of O.J. with his lawyer saying; "If the glove does not fit..." :unsure:

Madova Gloves - English version
Madova driving style glove

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was exceeding the max of 10 images per thread post, so continuing with other items that might be of interest.

9a) Benetton Alfa GP diecast model - #22 Patrick Patrese by
Burago of Italy.

9b) Alfa Giulia GT 1/43 scale diecast model (no manufacturer marking)

9c,f) Alfa Giulia GTA # 44
This is a hand made and hand painted clay model. Purchased at Laguna Seca Historic Races from the artist ("Schlich?") but don't remember which year. Very unique!

9g,h) BMW motorcycle transporter diecast model by Winross of USA
Graphics on both side plus opening rear doors. Won this at BMW "VIP Track Day held at RIR in the early 80s.

10a) 8"x10" black & white glossy photos of the special edition "Niki Lauda F1" Spider, the Alfa GP car campaigned and Niki posing on the RF fender. RIP, Niki...

Col9a.JPG Col9b.JPG Col9c.JPG Col9f.JPG

Col9g.JPG Col9h.JPG Col10a.JPG

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm out of "edits" on any posts for a few more days, so I'll add these pristine vintage lapel pins as new items. Unsure on country of origin, however I've owned these +/- 35 yrs so definitely not made in China!

As shown from top to bottom,
Alfa Romeo - Milano lapel pin with gold metal finish - marked I.C.P.C. on backside
Giulia GTA lapel pin with gold finish - marked Giulia GTA 1965 on backside
Alfa Romeo - Milano lapel pin with silver wreath and silver metal finish - no markings on backside

As with most other items listed in my ads, fair market values are not yet determined. I'd rather sell these pins as a set. So then; "raise the flag" with a PM offer and see if I "salute"... o_O

Click this thumbnail image for closeup view:

AR lapel pins.JPG

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
With respect to shipping the mounted posters (item 6 Bobcor Alfas at Road Atlanta & item 7 Brabham Alfa GP car) with sufficient protection to avoid damage in transit, I've determined using a Heavy-Duty Large Adjustable TV and Picture Moving Box with Handles purchased from Home Depot would be the best option with its adjustable sizing, double sleeve construction and foam corner blocks. Due to cost of packaging (~ $26) plus shipment (cost TBD), both posters sold to the same buyer would be optimal, with those mounted posters facing each other and securely packed with cushioning materials plus the stiffener boards already attached to the foamcore backing adding more protection.

I know from older thread topics that the Bobcor Alfas poster is especially rare and sought after. As shown in the pictures in my initial ad post #1, any slight damage is strictly along trimmable edges with no damage to the subject matter (those Alfas!). Since these posters won't go cheaply, please PM any questions or requests for close-up images in response. Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This will be my last bump to the top. All items listed if not shown SOLD remain available. When sold, I'll update each individually. Feel free to inquire on any item of interest...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Update: Not meant as a bump, however AZ's governor issued "stay-at-home" order on all non-essential business. So, I'll avoid going into the post office by using USPS online prepaid postage placed in the local post office curbside dropbox. Depending on items of interest, this will work well within compliance in these unusual times. Please PM on any item(s) of interest, noting books without personal notations (signatures) qualify for the lower media rate.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Back home for a few days, so bringing my ads back to top...

These memorabilia items remain available;
Post #1 - 1 through 7,
Post #8 - 9a, 9b, 9c,f, 9g,h & 10a
Post #10 - lapel pins

Prices on request, incl shipping via USPS

1 - 15 of 15 Posts